Q. Does having pulmonary stenosis put me at a greater risk for COVID-19?

Hello, I am 21 years old with a prominent pulmonary stenosis. My work is staying open during the COVID-19 pandemic and are wanting to know what employees will work. I feel like if I say I don’t want to work they may hold it against me in the future. It is Family Video so people are constantly coming in and out and touching things. My county just had their second confirmed case and the patient was around many people during the time before she was diagnosed, therefore going to spread quickly. Does having a pulmonary stenosis put me at a greater risk or is it safe for me to wait out the situation and work in the meantime? Thanks!

Hematology Pathology
# Hi,

Welcome to the Icliniq

Following is my opinion for your asked question

Pulmonary stenosis puts you at higher risk for complicated Covid infection.

So if you get covid infection than course might be aggressive in you.

Your country as mentioned not reach at stage where complete lockdown needed.

However it's good if you can avoid contact with other individual and if you can stay at home with your family.

Surface contact, hand shaking, kissing all can also favour spread of covid.

So avoid close contact and use frequent hand sanitizer.

Hope I have answered your question

Let me know if I can assist you further

Regards

| 

Coronavirus - Causes, Symptoms, and Prevention

Article Overview: The new disastrous coronavirus is affecting a huge population and it is difficult to prevent the outbreak globally. To know more about the causes, symptoms, and prevention read the article further. Read Article

Dr. Lochana

What Is Corona Or COVID-19? Corona is a virus that belongs to the vast range of virus families. It causes mild to severe symptoms. Mild ones may be cold and cough, whereas severe ones include a 2- 3.4 % mortality rate. Though there are different sources of transmission, mainly it occurs through dire...  Read Article

Do low WBC count of 3.6 occur only in the condition of cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am inquiring about a concern I have about my CBC results. I have shown a WBC of 3.9 for almost two years, and recently had a followup CBC and it showed 3.6. I have felt like I have been fighting off a head cold and particularly stressed with the current virus situation. Do you thi...  Read Full »