Q. Why do I feel like having water in my chest, and neck that passes down the stomach?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on May 08, 2019

I feel like I have water in my chest,and neck which goes down to the stomach, underarms. The precise explanation is like a sweat inside my body that travels in those areas (chest, stomach, underarms, and abdominal wall). What can this be?

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Firstly, this does not appear to be a life-threatening or severe issue. Most probable diagnosis goes with your explanation is of dyspepsia (indigestion) or gaseous issues. Does your upper abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, and burping increase while taking food? Do you have sour water feeling in the throat or chest burning? If yes, it further supports the diagnosis.

You should avoid fatty, oily, and a high-calorie diet. Go for a walk after having food instead of taking rest. Have multiple small meals instead of heavy meals. Have regular sleep habits and avoid stress. Eat lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any. You can get prescribed tablet Pan DSR 40 mg (Domperidone, Pantoprazole) before breakfast once a day for a week.

Do you feel any palpitations or chest pain along with it? If yes then we should rule out the cardiac issue. Anyway, you should get yourself examined and auscultated to rule out any other issues. So, overall, does not appear to be a worrisome matter, and your symptoms do not indicate any severe disease. I hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

I have gastritis, so I feel burping nausea sometimes. I had in the past where I had a chest pain that goes with burping. I have slight chest pain sometimes. I underwent an operation about 19 years ago (stenosis pulmonary valve).

I saw my cardiologist about a month ago. He conducted ECG with 24 hour Holter monitoring as well as an echo. The results were normal. I also had blood tests almost two months ago, and the results were normal too. However, this symptom of feeling like sweat in my chest, stomach, underarms on both sides is new to me. I suffer from anxiety as well. In your opinion can this be a reason for it?

#

Yes, many patients with gastritis and burping issues have these symptoms like you. This can also explain intermittent chest pain. Many patients also feels something traveling all the way to head through the chest, which they say is gas. So, these symptoms are common in esophagitis. Also, anxiety can cause similar symptoms.

These symptoms are not related to the heart. Patients who are operated like you may get palpitations or feeling of rapid heart rate, which is not there in you. Also, normal tests rule out this and other significant abnormalities. So, take care of anxiety and gastritis.

What shall I do to get relief from cough and heartburn?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I am suffering from the following symptoms: Cough, blocked itchy throat, which is slightly red, burps, farts, little gassy and acidity. This has increased in the past 24 hours. Because of sore throat, I cannot have cold substances to resolve acidity. Also, I can...  Read Full >>

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You appear to be a case of dyspepsia. The acute onset might be drug induced as gastritis is a known side effect of Azithromycin. Gastritis worsens cough, and the cough further induce nausea and vomiting. Hence, it is very prudent to treat both the conditions. For how long...  Read Full

Why did my stomach symptoms get worse after taking PPI?

Query: Hello doctor, I have multiple problems with my stomach, it all began two years ago after taking pills which I was allergic to. My stomach became inflamed with a lot of acids, chronic antrum gastritis, and acid reflux. My stool was too soft, and I did not take any pill because my doctor did not give...  Read Full >>

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All the problems can be explained by dyspepsia. Although there are certain issues like normal endoscopy and absence of inflammation. And on endoscopy reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is no obvious granulation tissue seen. There may be some n...  Read Full

Can antral gastritis cause hunger?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with antral gastritis, lots of acid in stomach and reflux. Problems started after I took some medicines. Since then I am always hungry. I eat more than before the problem started, but still I feel hungry. I am also suffering from excessive hair loss. Why am I always hu...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For antral gastritis take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily before food for a month. It will control acidity and reflux. Excessive hunger is good for you as your weight is normal and it is also good for stomach. Just rule out diabetes by doing fasting blo...  Read Full