Q. I tested COVID-19 positive again after taking medicines for five days. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 15, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 06, 2021

I completed a five-day medicine course with respect to COVID-19. Yesterday, I again tested positive for COVID-19 at the hospital. My vital body signs are, the temperature is normal, pulse rate is 81 beats per minute, and Oxygen level is 99 mm Hg. Kindly advise further course of action.

#

There is no point in testing again and again. You are infective for the first ten days only. The test may come positive for weeks after the treatment. Now since you are recovering, please take the following medicines after completing five days of drugs given previously.

1. Tablet Zady (Zithromax) 250 mg twice daily for five days.

2. Tablet Medrol (Methylprednisolone) 8 mg twice daily for five days.

3. Syrup Asthakind Dx 7.5 ml thrice daily for five days.

4. Tablet Nimprex (Nimesulide) 100 mg for fever if it comes.

5. Nebulizer with Budesal (Pulmicort) 0.5 mg twice a day.

Do not get the test repeated.

|