Coronavirus

Can we plan for a baby during this ongoing COVID-19 pandemic?

Query: We are couple married recently. We want to plan a baby. However, due to ongoing covid-19 pandemic, can we plan it now? Is it safe?  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Dear, good afternoon. Coronavirus dont have any known impact on people planning pregnancy. however infertility treatment can be deferred. for your family, I would advice that corona may continue for few more months as claimed by many studies, so u may have difficulty in visiting hospital for rout...  Read Full »

My fiance is COVID positive. Am I at risk of contracting it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question. On Tuesday I went to go get tested with my fiance for COVID because we thought his dad may have had it since at his job there were so many infected. We showed no symptoms but to be safe we went. After then I have not seen him just in case. Today I got my results and...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you are worried about COVID infection. You need to understand that if COVID test result shows positive, then it is sure that the person has the infection, but if the result shows negative that does not prove that the person does not have the infection. The ...  Read Full »

What are the effects of Corona infection on asthma and thyroid patients?

Query: Hello doctor, As everyone are worrying about corona virus, I have a few doubts relating to it. How corona effects on asthma and thyroid patients? Will corona effect the persons who are suffering with asthma and thyroid even if they have strong immune system? As corona effects especially on lungs, e...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note that there are two important things that decide fate of a person suffering from COVID-19. These are immunity and viral load. If your immunity is good but viral load is too much outcome will be poor and if immunity is poor and viral load is less outcome ag...  Read Full »

Why am I recovering very slowly from COVID-19?

Query: Mild asthma, cough since 2 weeks, and covid-19 patient. I am currently taking Benzo 200mg, famotidine 20mg, and albuterol as needed.   Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: hello thanx for the query. I can understand ur concern. according to ur statement u have been suffering from cough which is dry in nature and Covid-19.ur past history of having mild asthma and anxiety. ur treatment depends on severity. if albuterol is not able to ur cough then u can corticosteroid ...  Read Full »

How to help my wife overcome the fear of coronavirus pandemic?

Query: Hi, Due to this Coronavirus Pandemic, My wife is very scared about the health concerns of our family. Sometimes she is not able to sleep at all. although none of our family is suffering from diseases. she is overtly anticipating dire Consequences of this Coronavirus and obsessively Clean. this is...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: thank you for taking help from psychiatrist. first you must stop all news channels and stop talking about corona pandemic. you can see news maximum just half hour per day and get updated about it. keep your wife busy and try to make her to spend time for her hobbies. start doing meditation at home. ...  Read Full »

Does asthma increase the risk of getting Coronavirus infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old male, I have very mild asthma since my teenage years into my mid 20s. For the past 6 years or so my asthma has been very rare, maybe once every couple of months, but now it seems to be coming more recently active after doing yard work or exercise but no medicines ne...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you are suffering from childhood asthma which is worsening now due to season and high pollen count and occupational hazards. You should undergo serial measurements of peak expiratory flow/FEV1 at work and aw...  Read Full »

Why do I have a sore throat and feel weak sometimes?

Query: I feel like sore throat and feel weak sometimes , but don’t have fever and cough  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Shah Alam

Answer: Hello, If you have sore throat and weakness, and you don't have running nose, neck pain , high fever probably you have simple flu or bacterial infection. You don't have to panic about covid 19( coronavirus ). You can use Augmentin 625mg for 5 days( THREE times a day tablet) and have plenty of luke...  Read Full »

Is self-isolation needed to prevent coronavirus in immunocompromised patients?

Query: I’m 40 & I’ve had glandular fever, shingles, influenza and have an autoimmune condition (Hashimoto’s disease). I believe I may be more vulnerable than the average person my age to get Coronavirus, due to my weakened immune system? Should I be self isolating? I am ok to do so  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello! Thank you for reaching out I understand. Bases on the available data, those who are 60 above, and with medical condition such as hypertension, cardiovascular disease and diabetes are the most vulnerable population. Thyroid disease and any other autommine condition is not known to be associat...  Read Full »

I need help with headaches and excessive coughing that made me vomit.

Query: Hi, I am having having headache generally in the afternoon towards back side of head. Also having cough, today had a vomiting after excessive coughing, could not control it. Need some suggestions Gender: Male Age 24 Height 5 ft 10 inch Weight: 70  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Shah Alam

Answer: Hello, If you have persistent headache specifically which you felt is your backside of the head , I would like to know the blood pressure of yours and additionally if you are on any medication for any illness.? There are several reasons for the headache and the most common is with the stressor t...  Read Full »

Can COVID-19 cause only a burning sensation in the throat?

Query: I have burning sensation in my throat for last 7 days still no other symptoms..may i effected from covid 19  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Shah Alam

Answer: Hello, I can understand your concern. As your area is facing more cases of covid19, it is good that you are seeking medical advice for your symptoms. First of all, I would like to say do not panic. The burning sensation in the throat can be due to some irritation that has caused due to especially c...  Read Full »