Coronavirus

Why did I test COVID-19 positive again after taking medicines for five days?

Query: Sir Good Morning, Yesterday I Completed 5 day Medicine Course W.r.t Covid 19. Yesterday I again tested for Covid 19 at Hospital and Tested Positive. My vital boby signs- 1 . Temperature Normal, pluse rate 81, Oxygen level 99. Kindly advise further course of action.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Dear, There is no point of testing again and again. You are infective for first 10 days only. After that virus dies. Test may come positive for weeks after treatment. Now since you are recovrring please take following medicines after completing 5 days medicines given previously. 1. Tab Zady 250 tw...  Read Full »

Are the medicines prescribed for COVID-19 symptoms fine?

Query: height 5'4" weight 67 kg, age 28 , my sister has preliminary symptoms of covid-19 , the family doctor has suggested home quarantine, she has a separate room. symptoms include : sore throat, headache, high fever, body ache, cough (no dry), some rash formation on skin. i just want to confirm the m...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: hi thanx for the query. I can understand ur concern. according to ur statement u have been suffering from sore throat,headache,high fever, bodyache,cough with rashes and ur family doctor's preliminary assumption is Covid-19 positive. she is has been home quarantined and ur query is whether the medi...  Read Full »

Are children and pregnant ladies more prone for COVID-19 infection?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner is looking to take my 5 and 7 years old sons to Denver, CO from Orlando for a destination wedding in August. They will be flying, staying in multiple hotels, rental cars, participating in recreational activities in Denver, along with almost 20 other people that have travele...  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. COVID-19, the risk of spread of infection increases with being outdoor. Attending gathering and in associating with close contacts. Taking in account present travel and hot spots in cities. The risk of catching COVID-19 infection will be h...  Read Full »

Is mild cough a symptom of Coronavirus?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from mild cough for the past two months. I consulted my general physician she asked me to go for chest x-ray and CBC. Chest x-ray is normal only and ESR showed 85. I have no fever and no sore throat. Appetite is also normal. Doctor prescribed me antiallergic tabl...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Let us first list some of the common symptoms of Coronavirus infection. Fever, cough dry, shortness of breath. Mild cough with no fever is not quite under criteria. Though any cough for more than three weeks should be diagnosed, but this does ...  Read Full »

How can I prevent getting infected with the new Coronavirus?

Query: Hi, I am an educator who will be returning to work for in person classes. We have been quarantined since three months, not willing to risk it so going back is scary for us. My question is: what sort of routine would be best when getting home from being exposed to 500+ to protect my family? I have h...  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Thanks for your query. Do not worry, try following the suggestions written below - 1. At office- Wear masks (N95 /3 PLY) at all times Wash hands with soap and water every 1-2 hours Sanitise (70%Isopropyl alcohol / 90% ethyl alcohol containing sanitiser) every seat, table, chair, phone, lap...  Read Full »

Why has my sense of smell not returned even after a month of COVID-19?

Query: Hi I recently tested positive for covid-19 a month back, and I had lost my sence of smell. I was symptom free after 16 days, and I have yet to gain my full sence of smell. I cant smell anything only suddle sents here and there but for the most part it not come back not sure what to do or if I will g...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! This is perfectly normal as 70 percents of patients who have been found covid positive have Co incidently have had complains of anosmia and altered sense of taste (dysguesia). The loss of smell and taste is sudden in 80 percent while in the rest its gradual. It is considered the virus attacks ...  Read Full »

Are sinusitis patients more prone for Coronavirus infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a sinusitis patient. But I do not face any breathing problems. And I am just 21 year old. Is Corona dangerous for sinusitis patients? Please tell me I really want to know.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Corona is dangerous for each and everyone one of us. However, there are few conditions where the patient's body immunity is on the lower side. One such condition is recurrent allergy associated sinusitis. You may be completely asymptomatic, but in general patients probe f...  Read Full »

How long does it take for the sense of smell to return after COVID-19?

Query: I lost my smell and taste 12 weeks ago after getting Covid 19. I got my taste back two weeks later however I still cannot smell anything at all. I have tried steam inhalation, steroid nasal spray, smell training, saline nasal spray and it has not improved. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! Covid has been somewhat a new entity and thereby we have been seeing its effects in detail on the human system. Loss of smell or anosmia has been one of the peculiar atypical features of covid and there have been lots of theories and explanations behind it. In all circumstances, loss of smell ...  Read Full »

What to do if you experience symptoms of COVID-19?

Query: Hi Doctor, My friend told me that she had fever and mild cough few days ago. She also experience hive, sore throat and mild inflammation on her face. Today is the 5th day and she doesn't have fever , no hive and no inflammation anymore and she feels better. However, she is afraid that what she...  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello! Thank you for reaching out Is your friend have history of exposure to someone who is COVID19 positive? Is she also came from an area where there is a high number of COVID19 positive? Considering the circumstances that we are in a pandemic, it is best to assume that she is a suspected COVID...  Read Full »

Is my breathing problem and vomiting with blood related to Coronavirus?

Query: I have breathing problem past 9 years, sometimes i will be ok, sometimes it will be severe, if i take medicine (novamax, romilast) it will go away, another several month it will not come, now i have a breathing problem, yesterday night it became severe i vomiting with blood, this is the first time b...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Sonologist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello greetings.. Happy to give consultation. With the history it doesn't seem to be corona. U have lower respiratory infection. I would suggest antibiotics and other supportive medicines. Treatment - 1) Tab. Augmentin 625 1-0-1 2) Tab. Doxolin 400mg 1/2 - 0 - 1/2 3) Tab. Pantocid 1-0-0 (Before fo...  Read Full »