Q. Is it possible for COVID-19 to worsen asthma?

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on May 25, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 06, 2020

I have asthma since my childhood, since last 20 days my asthma is not in control. Is that related to COVID? And I do not have any other symptoms.

#

According to your statement you have been suffering from childhood asthma and for the last 20 days your asthma is totally uncontrolled. Your present medication is Formost 200 respicaps which is a combination of long acting bronchodilator as Formeterol with corticosteroid as Momentasone.and your query is whether you are COVID-19 positive or not.

COVID-19 usually attacks the respiratory tract first then eventually other systems. As you are a diagnosed patient of childhood asthma so you are more vulnerable to develop COVID-19 positive. I do not know whether you are quarantined or not. You had exposure history or not. So you should undergo some investigations like antigen test for active infection and antibody test for previously infected by COVID-19. You can also undergo CXR and Pulse oximetry for monitoring of oxygen saturation rate. You can take nebulization with Salbutamol and Salbutamol inhaler 6 hourly or SOS with Fexofenadine and Montelukast along with steroid orally.

As of now am quarantined, could you please call our number and help us..
8971260282
# hello
thnx for joining me.what kind of help do u want from me? my gmail account is zubayeralam48@gmail.com. so u can contact with me via gmail too.if u tell me the nature of helping that u want from me in details which will be helpful for me to understand.have a nice day.

|