Q. What are the symptoms in asymptomatic COVID-19 patients?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

What are the symptoms for asymptomatic people? How fast does their illness spread? And how can you prevent from being infected?

#

Sorry I did not get you. You are questioning about which disease symptoms?

What are the coronavirus symptoms or signs for asymptomatics? I do not know if my husband has it. He has often seen people always wearing the mask (his mom, who is 80 something ago three weeks ago and works in a grocery store). The people around him all wear their masks except two neighbors. He and the two neighbors did not have masks but talked for 5 to 10 minutes. He always wears his mask, but he tested himself yesterday and is waiting for his results. Could he get infected? He has no symptoms, light coughs in three weeks after seeing his mom. What can a person do not to get infected with an asymptomatic if he lives with you? How fast does the illness spread in asymptomatics, and in how many days does the patient get sick?

#

Upto 50-60% asymptomatic means, no symptoms or they do not have not even a single symptom. 10-20% may develop mild symptoms like fever, body pains, cough, loose stools, and headaches.

The possibility of getting affected with non-mask members is there if they are standing near each other, and if they are infected with corona, then chances are high. But if they are staying apart and talking, it means a minimum of 15 minutes of contact time is required to get an infection because the virus remains in the air for 14 minutes.

Chances are less likely for your husband because he has not spent more than ten minutes, and he did not stand near the neighbor even though we wait for results.

Precautions: Isolation of the person for two weeks. Wearing masks, maintaining distance, and better sanitization may be useful. Along with you may increase immunity with daily yoga and meditation and good nutritious food. People surrounding him may develop symptoms within 2-14 days after exposure.

How many days does it take for asymptomatic patients to show symptoms that can get them ill? 2 to 14 days or more? Can the patients who are 47 years old get better if they are asymptomatic, or do they usually get worse?

#

80% of COVID-19 patients are asymptomatic, among which 50% may not develop symptoms at all and cure asymptomatically. During the incubation period from day 2 to day 14, these patients may transfer the virus through droplets to others.

Up to 30% of asymptomatic patients between day 5 and day 12 may develop mild symptoms like fever, body pains, and cough. The remaining 15% may develop severe illness and dyspnea need doctor consultation. Only 5% of patients may get critically ill and develop ARDS. These patients need ICU admission. Even 47 year's old patients without any risk factors may get cured asymptomatically.

But diabetic, hypertensive obese, and cardiac patients may develop mild symptoms then recover with medication.

Do not worry. You will not develop symptoms if you do regular breathing exercises, steam inhalation, warm water intake, supplementation of vitamin C, vitamin D, zinc, and B complex. Mesure your saturation (spo2%) levels regularly. Avoid sweets and processed carbohydrates.

How are steam inhalation done? Until what point can a city know it is contaminated with the virus? My husband is tested positive. Can he get infected if he stays more than two hours in a supermarket shopping?

#

The vaporizer is available in the market. Please purchase it. Then pour water in that and switch on then you get steam. There are no tests to detect whether the city is contaminated or not. It depends upon the number of new cases detected and the growth curve of the city.

Yes, he may get infected if he stays in the supermarket. Because it is a public place and the disease transmission rate is more.

|