Q. I have inner ear infection, sinusitis and vertigo. What to do?

Dr. Prasun Mishra

I think I have an inner ear infection. I went to the doctor last year and he asked me about my symptoms. I told him and he said I had a viral thing in which he gave me antibiotics to take which I did not take. When I got my summary it is said that I had sinusitis. Now until this day my sinuses have been bothering me. The doctor said I had fluid in my left ear. I think the fluid in my left ear is causing me to feel bad. Last weekend I was laying on the couch on my right side and turned to my left fast over and saw the pictures on the wall go by when I turned fast. I tried in the night to lean back in the recliner part on the couch and had the same feeling almost, but I sat back up. I also have that feeling when I bend down but not a lot. I am worried and want to get relief for my left ear. What I just described to you is it a certain type of vertigo?

#

As I understand you have three issues.

Sinusitis, for this, take steam inhalation daily for one month. Also, do send me pictures of CT (computed tomography) scan for sinuses. So that I can further suggest what is the treatment or surgery.

Fluid in the ear, if it is significantly there, then this needs to be removed and a ventilation tube needs to be inserted. It is a small procedure.

Vertigo, can be due to fluid in the ear or an independent episode too. Do take good rest. Avoid much neck movement. Take tablet Betahistine 16 mg three times a day and consult a local ENT doctor, or take a video consultation with me with reports.

|