Q. What can I do to clear my skin without blackheads?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

I have trouble with acne. I wash my face every night, and I use a toner to balance my pH levels. I use moisturizer and face masks once in a while. When I wear makeup, I use the healthiest makeup with removing wipes, and nothing seems to be working.

After using a toner, I am not getting many whiteheads, and I am not popping them. But now, the problem is blackheads. I get them mainly on my nose, around my mouth and chin. I used a charcoal mask that is highly famous and also used special blackhead face washes. Nothing helped me. What can I do to clear my skin?

When I try to extract the blackheads, my face becomes dry and flaky. Sometimes, they are deep, and they start to bleed. Then a scab forms over it and my skin start to peel around the scabs. Please suggest.

#

Blackheads are needed to be extracted. There is a specific method available to remove them. If it is not performed correctly, it can lead to more inflammatory acne and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I would suggest you visit a dermatologist because comedones do not resolve with topical medications and face masks. Start using Clindamycin and Adapalene combination gel over the comedones and acne at bedtime. It helps to extract them easily. I am not giving you Benzoyl peroxide gel as it leads to irritation and dryness.

| 
1 out of 1 likes