Q. What causes sweet taste after recovering from COVID-19?

Dr. Vitrag Shah
This is a premium question & answer published on May 19, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 02, 2020

I was COVID 19 Positive on 25th April 2020 while on 11th May 2020 my repeated test of COVID19 was negative. After that I feel all the time sweetness taste in my mouth upon that I myself went for blood sugar random and hbA1C, today on 15th May 2020 I received the results of my blood sugar random which is 92 while hbA1C is 6.

Please do advise any medication for it. My age is 45 years and weight 73 kg.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Vitrag Shah

Diabetology
#

It is a great news that you recovered and doing well after COVID-19 infection. Considering the current medical reports, your HbA1c is suggestive that you are in pre-diabetic stage. And your fasting sugar is absolutely normal. You do not need to start any medicine for diabetes. Sometimes recent infection may also lead to high sugar levels.

Repeat tests after 1 month. And from now on I would suggest you adapt more healthier lifestyle choices. Good nutrition diet, regular exercises, quit smoking if doing are the basic ways. Take care of yourself.

FBS/PPS
hbA1C
Lipid profile
Vitamin D levels

?Pre diabetes

Healthy life style modifications.

Achieve 5 % weight loss from current status and maintain.

After 1 month with reports.

| 

Diabetes - How Aware Are You?

Article Overview: This simple quiz is to test your knowledge about diabetes. This quiz is an easy way for one to learn diabetes management. Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal
Diabetologist

Score: In this questionnaire, how many answers you got right? 1-3 : You need to know more about diabetes. 4-6 : You need to know more about various aspects of the disease, some parts of which you already know. >6  : You just need to stay updated. Talk to your diabetologist regularly to...  Read Article

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management. Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc...  Read Article

Ask a Diabetologist Now