Q. I have overcrowded teeth. Is it best to pull out some teeth and get braces?

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

I have overcrowded teeth. Is it best to pull out some or use the invincible braces? I do not prefer metal braces because I do not want people to know I am wearing one. My wisdom teeth are growing on all four parts, which scares me terribly. Sometimes, I have swelling on my gums, and I think it is because of this.

#

I gone through your query, attached photographs, and understood your concern regarding dental health. First of all, in such overcrowding conditions of teeth, the wearing of braces is essential, even after the removal of a tooth to keep the other teeth in their correct position and to correct the rotation of adjacent teeth. Wearing braces is very common at this age, and different types of them are also available for better esthetics so that you can choose from them according to your needs. So for this, consult an Orthodontist for further treatment.

And the swelling of gums around the wisdom tooth is very common during the eruption of the same tooth. You can go for removal of them one by one as there is no role of wisdom teeth in chewing function.

OPG (Orthopantomogram).

| 

Is it necessary to get teeth extracted for orthodontic treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 and currently have all teeth (except wisdom teeth) and braces for 10 months. My teeth are straight at this point but a few very small misalignments that will easily be fixed soon. I have an impacted tooth above my right-side second pre molar on my top row of teeth that is faci...  Read Full »

Does crooked teeth and broken decayed tooth make extraction necessary for braces?

Query: Hello doctor, I have crooked teeth at front and tooth behind the crooked teeth was decayed and half broke in sideways. It was touching the crooked teeth in backward and my teeth in under jaws are somewhat misaligned. Do I need a tooth extraction for braces?  Read Full »