Crowded Teeth

Is pulling out some teeth common while correcting crowded teeth alignment?

Query: Hello doctor, I have overcrowded teeth. Is it best to pull out some or use the invincible braces? I do not prefer metal braces because I do not want people to know I am wearing one. My wisdom teeth are growing on all four parts, which scares me terribly. Sometimes, I have swelling on my gums, and I...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I gone through your query, attached photographs, and understood your concern regarding dental health. First of all, in such overcrowding conditions of teeth, the wearing of braces is essential, even after the removal of a tooth to keep the other teeth in their corre...  Read Full »

I have gaps between teeth after braces. Please help.

Query: Hello, About 5 years ago I had wire braces for my teeth. And to have the braces on, I had 4 teeth extracted because my teeth were overcrowded. As far as I know, a lot of orthodontists take out premolars to create space. But for some reason my orthodontist took out 2 premolars, 1 molar on my bottom l...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes orthodontists do extract molars if there is very severe crowding of the teeth. In your case, as you said there was severe crowding. Now you have space present where the molars where previously present and hence you are unable to chew properly. Is your second mol...  Read Full »

Why do I get teeth shaped indentation on the side of my tongue?

Query: Hi doctor, I always get indentations on the sides of my tongue because of my teeth, and sometimes my tongue gets cut. My middle teeth are crooked. I am attaching photos of my teeth and tongue.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) along with the complaint. The teeth that you have mentioned are said to be out of arch and is called crowding of teeth. The reason behind it is, lack of space for your teeth durin...  Read Full »

What can be done for slanting teeth after ortho treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I am nearly two years into my orthodontic treatment to correct overcrowding and midline correction. Although I am really concerned as my face seems to look really asymmetrical and my teeth are slanting, I feel really self-conscious about it. I feel it is something my orthodontist not c...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your teeth are almost aligned and from the front aspect, it looks like it is near completion (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since I cannot see the teeth in the back region, I will address your concerns from the front aspect. You are right in your observ...  Read Full »

My Teeth Are Yellow.Is Scaling Only A Temporary Process To Clean The Teeth?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 19 years old. My teeth are yellow from childhood (from 10 years of age). A black layer is formed at the backside of teeth. When I see my teeth it seems very dirty and too much of creamy layer is formed on my teeth especially in lower canines and lower incisors. In the lower teeth...  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yellowing of teeth is mainly due to one of the following or a combination of these: Tartar or plaque deposits (soft yellowish deposits) on the teeth. Calculus deposits (calcified hard deposits) on the teeth. Fluorosis - internal discoloration of the teeth due to ...  Read Full »

What can I do to get white and well aligned teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. Since childhood, some of my teeth are sort of crisscross. So the accumulation of food has led to yellow spots in some places. I brush once a day but properly. I consulted a dentist and she suggested me to get my teeth cleaned. But that is not a permanent solution. W...  Read Full »

Dr. Sangeetha Bastan

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your teeth are actually crowded. So, deposition of food and stains have lead to these brown marks on your teeth. What you have to do to make your teeth white is go for proper scaling and polishing, and brush your teeth twice daily regularly. Second Option, if still, it ...  Read Full »

My teeth have become overlapped after orthodontic treatment. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a complex case, as stated by my dentist. I had braces five years ago, but my teeth went back to their previous state, overlapped, like they were tightly fit into a small place, apparently because of the shape of my mouth. Also, I have fear from getting braces the second time, t...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can exactly tell you about your case on seeing radiographs and clinical pictures of teeth if you can provide. While, your query is telling me you had a relapse of orthodontic treatment. Now you have two options. 1. Go for invisible tray ortho treatment (in which invi...  Read Full »

How to straighten teeth without braces or veneers?

Query: Hello doctor, I want straight teeth. I do not want braces or accelerated orthodontics or veneers. And I do not want a retainer. Is there any hope?  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The various methods to obtain properly aligned teeth include braces, accelerated orthodontics, veneers, retainers and few others. The suitable method for you can be decided by knowing your age, teeth alignment, gum and jaw bone condition, any parafunctional habits like...  Read Full »

Will removing wisdom tooth create space for crowded teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have high canine teeth due to crowding in my upper jaw. Visually, it appears that space, where my canines should be, is too small for them. However, when I went to an orthodontist, she said that I would need to get my first premolars removed to make room. If I get my wisdom teeth out...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Generally, when space is less for the number and size of teeth present in the jaw, it is advised to remove premolar on each side in one or both the jaws. The reason being, it is more convenient to move the front teeth (smaller) into the space than to push all the back tee...  Read Full »

How to correct my crowded teeth without extraction?

Query: Hello doctor, I have got all the four wisdom teeth taken out. But my bottom jaw of teeth is still crowded. I have also read somewhere that drilling out teeth as the answer is a mutilating act against your body, even wisdom teeth. So I would like to know what you think about getting my teeth less cr...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is still crowding after wisdom teeth extraction you need to get braces by an orthodontist. I need to see a picture of your inside mouth to suggest a treatment plan. Sometimes, the orthodontist may suggest extraction of premolar teeth just behind the canines...  Read Full »