Dental Braces

How to fix gap in bottom teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have braces on at the moment and my orthodontist says I can get them off in four to five months. I think it looks okay for the most part but the thing that bothers me is this small gap in the bottom half of my front teeth. I have asked my orthodontist about this and she said that it...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your orthodontist is correct. The gaps at the bottom of the teeth are due to the shape of the teeth. Although very minor in your case, there are cases with much more apparent gaps. The treatment for this is to get reshaping of your teeth done or by gettin...  Read Full »

Is pulling out some teeth common while correcting crowded teeth alignment?

Query: Hello doctor, I have overcrowded teeth. Is it best to pull out some or use the invincible braces? I do not prefer metal braces because I do not want people to know I am wearing one. My wisdom teeth are growing on all four parts, which scares me terribly. Sometimes, I have swelling on my gums, and I...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I gone through your query, attached photographs, and understood your concern regarding dental health. First of all, in such overcrowding conditions of teeth, the wearing of braces is essential, even after the removal of a tooth to keep the other teeth in their corre...  Read Full »

Can braces for deep bite change face profile?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 1 to 2 mm deep bite, which is mild. If I get braces and my wisdom teeth out, then my lower facial profile will improve. Will it change my face from round to something else? My jawline looks very awkward. My jawline almost slants before it hits the actual change of direction point...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The facial shape will never change now from ovoid to some other. The main problem with your jaw is that they are constricted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It means V-shape especially the lower one, which has caused this anomaly. Your mandible is def...  Read Full »

How long does it take to correct an open bite with braces?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a quite wide open bite. I am 24 years old and want to get them fixed with braces. The open bite is so big that I can thrust a pencil in my mouth with my teeth closed. I have attached a photo for your reference. Will it require surgery or can it be fixed with braces? How long will i...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The open bite can be corrected effectively with braces treatment. Surgery would not be a choice for this type of bite correction. The braces treatment will take approximately one y...  Read Full »

I felt a very fast shifting in my teeth position after wearing a new braces. Is this quick shifting normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a braces-related question. I wore the traditional metal braces on my upper jaw as a teen, 10 years ago. I wore the retainer for five years every night, and then I reduced it to one night per month after that, as instructed. My front four teeth shifted a lot (they are crowded, s...  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All the movement and everything depends on the bone density in your oral cavity so no issues if it is going faster, it is a good sign that it is showing you benefits so soon. And braces and retainers each have their course of works so you should not be regretting on pu...  Read Full »

Why do I get teeth shaped indentation on the side of my tongue?

Query: Hi doctor, I always get indentations on the sides of my tongue because of my teeth, and sometimes my tongue gets cut. My middle teeth are crooked. I am attaching photos of my teeth and tongue.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) along with the complaint. The teeth that you have mentioned are said to be out of arch and is called crowding of teeth. The reason behind it is, lack of space for your teeth durin...  Read Full »

My daughter is on braces and having heavy painful jaw. What is the best treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter wears braces for almost three years now. Right now, she often complains of the heavy jaw and is painful. What is the best treatment for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The metal fittings over your daughter's teeth would be cause for the heaviness she feels. And the pain she encounters might be for two reasons. 1.Generalized soreness of the gums since there is continuous pressure over it by the tooth movement produced during the tr...  Read Full »

I got my braces removed earlier. Should I get braces again?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I had braces a few years ago. I got them out early because I thought my teeth would have become straight, which I totally regret. I did not get a retainer for teeth. I do not like my teeth whatsoever. Can I get braces again?  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your complaint and relevant details. You sound like your teeth have returned to the original position. The reason, as you are already aware of, is because of not using the retainers. You should also know the fact that as the word implies the retainers ...  Read Full »

My family member have been advised for the removal of teeth and then the braces to be fixed for alignment. Kindly give a second opinion.

Query: Hello doctor,My family member has been advised for the removal of teeth and then the braces to be fixed for alignment. Kindly give a second opinion.  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, this is right. Alignment of teeth can be corrected only if we remove a few teeth which are not going to be needed in the future too to give space for teeth to shift themselves and align.  Read Full »

I had braces three times because my teeth are continuously shifting. Am I wasting my time in getting braces again?

Query: Hello doctor, I had braces three times now. First, during childhood, and second as an adult. First I had metal, wore my retainer religiously for a year, and then after being super strict, my teeth shifted. I then tried Invisalign and was not a huge fan, but considering it again. My teeth continuous...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Why have not they put fixed retainers in your case? Especially if the case got relapsed. You must have got the second treatment done and then at end get fixed retainer at palatal and lingual side of your teeth for like good 10 years. This is the only way to avoid rel...  Read Full »