Q. If I get braces for deep bite, will it affect my face profile?

Answered by Dr. Naveen Thomas and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Deep Bite or Deficient Mandible? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: If I get braces for deep bite, will it affect my face profile?

I have a 1 to 2 mm deep bite, which is mild. If I get braces and my wisdom teeth out, then my lower facial profile will improve. Will it change my face from round to something else? My jawline looks very awkward. My jawline almost slants before it hits the actual change of direction point. But, for other people, their jawline is straight down or slanted straight and then hits the vertex of the two lines. Does my overbite have something to do with it?