Q. I have crooked teeth and broken decayed tooth. Do I need extraction for braces?

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

I have crooked teeth at front and tooth behind the crooked teeth was decayed and half broke in sideways. It was touching the crooked teeth in backward and my teeth in under jaws are somewhat misaligned. Do I need a tooth extraction for braces?

#

You have crowded teeth and in medical terminology, it is called malocclusion.

Early growth issues, small arches, delay in the eruption and delay in fall of milk teeth, habits like tongue thrust.

General oral examination.

Crowding (malocclusion).

There are treatment options available as follows:
1.Removable orthodontics using prosthetic appliances.
2.Fixed orthodontic appliances.
3.Removal of some teeth can be needed to create space for crowded teeth to align but that is normal procedure, not to be worried.
4.Visit nearby hospital for an orthodontic treatment.

1.Avoid tongue thrust, nail-biting in early life, especially among babies.
2.Care of children teeth to avoid caries and decay during the growing period.
3.Visit nearby dental hospital after every six months particularly during initial 12 years of age to avoid any misguided eruption and decay.

Growing period stretches up to 25 to 30 years of age. So, it is better to approach the nearby dentist early so that your defect can be corrected before it is too late.

|