HomeAnswersDentistryroot canal treatmentWhich type of crown is better for my RC-treated tooth?

Which crown should I wear for a RC treated tooth?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Purva Jingar

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Nithila. A

Published At December 20, 2023
Reviewed AtDecember 20, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

My lower front tooth broked in an accident. I visited the dentist here in my place and he suggested RCT. My first session of RCT has been done 11 days before, and the last session was two days back. I want your advice on steps after RCT. Is laser filling possible for such tooth break or crowning is the only option? Which type of crowning is most suitable for it? Please help me. I am waiting for your valuable advice.

Answered by Dr. Purva Jingar


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Crowns are best after RCT. Best crowns are zirconia. They are metal free, and they have good strength than other crowns. Other than that is CADCAM crowns. They are 3D porcelain metal crowns and have good strength. They come with a warranty. Both look very good and have exact teeth color. Filling of teeth will be done on the last day of RCT. Ask for post and core if possible. But the crown is important in everything. I wish you good health and happiness. Keep me updated with the improvements.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Purva Jingar
Dr. Purva Jingar


Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy