Q. I avoid sex as I absolutely do not want to get pregnant again. Please help.

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare
Published on Aug 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hi doctor,

I am a 34 year old female. I do not like sex because I am always worried that my partner will ejaculate inside me. He does not like using a condom. We always end up fighting during sex, as I ask him to use a condom and he does not want to. We have a son aged 9 years and I do not want another child. In the last 9 years, I took Unwanted 72 nearly 12 times. Please give me a remedy, so that we can enjoy sex. We have stopped having sex often because of these arguments.

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• There are many options like the intrauterine copper device or oral cyclical pills which you can consider.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I have heard that with oral pills we tend to put on weight. As I am already overweight, I am concerned. Can you suggest some oral pills that might suit me?

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

There are several such pills available namely Femilon (Ethinyl Estradiol and Desogestrel) or Yamini LS (Ethinyl Estradiol and Drospirenone) or Dronis 20 (Ethinyl Estradiol and Drospirenone).

You have to use it regularly. It contains 24 pills. Take 24 pills and then leave a gap of four days. Then restart it from the fifth day. The only thing is, you should get your periods during those four days. Start it from the fifth day irrespective of the day of your periods.

The failure rate is very less if taken properly. If you miss a pill, take it as soon as you remember.

• With this method, you will not get pregnant, even if he ejaculates inside you.
  • The only problem with these pills is that you have to take it daily. They usually do not cause much of a weight gain. Control your diet and do some exercises.
  • I hope you do not suffer from hypertension, migraine or any other illness. Copper-T is also a good option for you. It is effective for five years. You can get it inserted by a gynecologist.

What if I get my periods before or after? Once I purchase it, I have to start it from the fifth day of my period. Am I correct?

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• No, you will have to start it from the first day of your period. If you use it regularly without missing, it will be 100 percent effective and your periods will also be regularized. And you will have your periods three days after stopping the pills.

Are recurrent miscarriages and estradiol related?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old woman with a history of recurrent miscarriages (3 losses, all in 5-6 weeks). I was recently diagnosed with Grave's disease (I had overt hyperthyroidism with my last miscarriage). Now my levels are in check. I had APS, ANA and thrombophilia panels, all perfect except...  Read Full »

Is doing embryo transfer on day 55 with 7.7 mm lining fine?

Query: Hello doctor,I am undergoing an IVF FET cycle. My eggs were retrieved in cycle three months back and this cycle the doctor has planned an embryo transfer. I am on 5 Progynova tablets three times a day plus Oestrogel in the evening. I also had a GSCF. Is this high dose okay? My lining is 7.7 mm and t...  Read Full »

Took unwanted 72 after having an unprotected sex. Will I be pregnant?

Query: Dear Doctor, I had unprotected sex. She took unwanted 72 within 12 hours. Will she be pregnant? In case she becomes pregnant, suggest any options other than abortion.  Read Full »