Q. Unless I take progesterone, I am bleeding continuously. Why?

I am 5'10" and 250 lbs. I am 28 years old. I have a history of PCOS, had an endometrial biopsy, and it came back negative for hyperplasia and malignancy. The reason for my visit was period started with passing large clots and continuous period. Currently, I am menstruating for three months. When I was given progesterone, the bleeding stopped for three days and started again. Also, passing flesh-colored tissue and not clots. I also have NAFLD. I had an ultrasound for my mild pain on left ovary and colon area. My uterus was found to have two fibroids with 18mm endometrial lining. What do you think with the given history? What to do next?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• This is a typical progesterone deficiency where you should ideally be started on cyclical progesterone therapy from day 11 to day 25 of your cycle or on continuous progesterone therapy for three months.
  • You should take treatment for at least three months to control menorrhagia and passage of clots.
  • The present bleeding can be stopped with antifibrinolytics and then progesterone pills can be started.
  • You may send your ultrasound reports and also the endometrial biopsy reports for review. Thank you.

Revert with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|