Q. Unless I take progesterone, I am bleeding continuously. Why?

I am 5'10" and 250 lbs. I am 28 years old. I have a history of PCOS, had an endometrial biopsy, and it came back negative for hyperplasia and malignancy. The reason for my visit was period started with passing large clots and continuous period. Currently, I am menstruating for three months. When I was given progesterone, the bleeding stopped for three days and started again. Also, passing flesh-colored tissue and not clots. I also have NAFLD. I had an ultrasound for my mild pain on left ovary and colon area. My uterus was found to have two fibroids with 18mm endometrial lining. What do you think with the given history? What to do next?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• This is a typical progesterone deficiency where you should ideally be started on cyclical progesterone therapy from day 11 to day 25 of your cycle or on continuous progesterone therapy for three months.
  • You should take treatment for at least three months to control menorrhagia and passage of clots.
  • The present bleeding can be stopped with antifibrinolytics and then progesterone pills can be started.
  • You may send your ultrasound reports and also the endometrial biopsy reports for review. Thank you.

Revert with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Heavy Unscheduled Bleeding - Causes and Treatment

Article Overview: Heavy and unscheduled menstrual bleeding can affect the quality of a woman's life and can affect her physically and emotionally. Learn about the common causes and treatment options for severe, painful, and irregular menstrual bleeding. Read Article

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Menstrual bleeding affects the quality of a woman’s life and has an impact on her physically, emotionally, and socially, with or without mild to severe signs and symptoms and it needs attention. Mostly longer, anovulatory cycles have been observed at and after puberty, whereas frequent and sho...  Read Article

Will PCOS delay pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 70 kg. We have been trying for pregnancy for a year. My husband's reports were all normal. I am having PCOS, but my periods are very regular. I am on Oxetol 300 mg for partial seizure since one year. I am also taking Metformin 500 mg t...  Read Full »