Q. I am not sure if I have rosacea. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Cystic Acne or Acne? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I am not sure if I have rosacea.  Please help.

I am a 25 year old male. I am 6'1" tall and I weigh 170 pounds. Often, I get red cysts of some sort on my face beneath the skin that take a while to heal. I have oily skin, and get whiteheads as well. I have fluid-filled boil-like lesions on my face. I have been to a few dermatologists and one of them said that I have rosacea.

I do not believe that I am allergic to any food. I take more than enough of my vitamins and minerals. I eat very healthy and do not mess around with any junk food. I do not smoke or drink. I am a writer, and I tend to sit down a lot, for the majority of the day. I do not have triggers that make me flush.

I am beginning to suspect that I do not have rosacea. My skin is not really sensitive. I am not sure if I have the regular acne as other people do. Is it any other skin disorder? Please help.