Q. I have a lot of pus-filled pimples on scalp with pain and dandruff. What should I do to get rid of it?

Dr. Suvina Attavar
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 28, 2020

I am having a lot of pimples on the scalp. Pimples are with white pus. There is a lot of pain and a lot of dandruff along with this. What should I do?

Dr. Suvina Attavar

Dermatology Venereology
#

You seem to be having scalp folliculitis which is an infection of your glands on the scalp. It can sometimes be related to dandruff in which case scalp pustular psoriasis has to be ruled out. You need to reduce your sugar and milk or milk product intake. Reduce eggs and red meat.

Folliculitis can sometimes be recurrent which would then require a long term treatment. I need to know if you are on any other medications, have any known drug allergies or other health issues? So as to give you the right treatment.

In case nothing of these are there you can take tablet Minoz 50 mg (Minocycline) at morning and night after food along with tablet Oflox 200 mg at morning and night after food. You can use Fusiscalp lotion at morning and night over the scalp and wash your scalp with Tarscalp shampoo.

| 

I am not having any drug allergies. For how many days I should take the treatment? Should I use the old shampoo?

Dr. Suvina Attavar

Dermatology Venereology
#

Take the tablets for two weeks and you can use the Tarscalp shampoo instead of your current shampoo.

|