Q. Please help me with my itchy scalp.

Dr. Joydeep Singha

I have itchy scalp and have started losing hair. Can I get help on this?

Dr. Joydeep Singha

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

You have probably seborrheic capitis (an eczema).

I suggest Ketoconazole shampoo on alternate day. Keep in contact with scalp for 7 to 10 minutes in each application and continue it for three to six months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

I have another doubt. Will shaving my head help in some way?

Dr. Joydeep Singha

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• No, shaving does not help you to prevent hair fall. But, it may help you in other way.
  • That means, it will be easier to apply shampoo directly over the skin of the head and after all it is the disease of the skin.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|