Q. Please help me with my itchy scalp.

Dr. Joydeep Singha
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 29, 2020

I have itchy scalp and have started losing hair. Can I get help on this?

#

You have probably seborrheic capitis (an eczema).

I suggest Ketoconazole shampoo on alternate day. Keep in contact with scalp for 7 to 10 minutes in each application and continue it for three to six months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have another doubt. Will shaving my head help in some way?

#

• No, shaving does not help you to prevent hair fall. But, it may help you in other way.
  • That means, it will be easier to apply shampoo directly over the skin of the head and after all it is the disease of the skin.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|