Q. Please help me with my itchy scalp.

Dr. Joydeep Singha

I have itchy scalp and have started losing hair. Can I get help on this?

Dr. Joydeep Singha

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

You have probably seborrheic capitis (an eczema).

I suggest Ketoconazole shampoo on alternate day. Keep in contact with scalp for 7 to 10 minutes in each application and continue it for three to six months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

I have another doubt. Will shaving my head help in some way?

Dr. Joydeep Singha

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• No, shaving does not help you to prevent hair fall. But, it may help you in other way.
  • That means, it will be easier to apply shampoo directly over the skin of the head and after all it is the disease of the skin.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

What is the white powder like stuff in my hair?

Query: Hi doctor, On my head some four to five spots of white powder like substance is forming. Initially I had it only on two spots but now it became five spots. If it is dandruff entire head part will occur but mine is different. I have lost some hairs on surrounding affected spots. Please tell me wha...  Read Full »

Having some discoloration on the back of the scalp. Could it be folliculitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I shave my head with a razor blade once in a few days as if shaving my face. I have been doing this for seven years now. Four years ago, my doctor noticed that I had a discoloration on the back of my scalp. He said it was nothing to worry about and had probably always been there like a b...  Read Full »

Does hair fall stop immediately with the use of Proscar?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been on Rogaine for 6 years and now on Proscar for 10 days. I had used it before, but went off. I cannot tell if I am still losing hair or not. Does hair loss stop immediately once Proscar is used?  Read Full »