Q. What is the treatment for dandruff, and hairfall associated with tiny itchy balls on my scalp?

Dr. Payal Chauhan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on May 30, 2019

I have dandruff, hair fall, and lately, I saw tiny white balls on my scalp after which my scalp became very itchy. Please tell me how to treat this condition.

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatology Venereology
#

You have seborrheic dermatitis probably. Use the following medications. Kindly consult your doctor to discuss the suggestion and take the treatment with consent.

1. Zydip-C lotion (Clotrimazole, Beclomethasone) apply once at night on the scalp.

2. Protar K shampoo (Ketoconazole, Coal tar) three days per week.

3 Tablet Desloratadine 5 mg once at night.

Do this for 20 days and avoid hair oil.

Related Video

I have oily dandruff and dry hairs with hair fall. How can I be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have oily dandruff and dry hairs and hair fall. So what should I do if I wash hairs every day so they will become more dry and thin too?  Read Full >>

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many people with dandruff have oily skin and the latest research shows that the real culprit is probably a tiny fungus called Malassezia globosa that needs oil to grow. It only becomes a problem when the fungus grows too rapidly, and our natural renewa...  Read Full

Please help me with my itchy scalp.

Query: Hi doctor, I have itchy scalp and have started losing hair. Can I get help on this?  Read Full >>

Dr. Joydeep Singha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have probably seborrheic capitis (an eczema). I suggest Ketoconazole shampoo on alternate day. Keep in contact with scalp for 7 to 10 minutes in each application and continue it for three to six months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and ...  Read Full

Does hair fall stop immediately with the use of Proscar?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been on Rogaine for 6 years and now on Proscar for 10 days. I had used it before, but went off. I cannot tell if I am still losing hair or not. Does hair loss stop immediately once Proscar is used?  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Both, Minoxidil and Finasteride takes time to act and in some cases it will take two to three months. Both are FDA - Food and Drug Administration approved for androgenic alopecia. You should always remember that if it is used once, then you need to take it for a lifetime...  Read Full