For the past few years, I have been suffering from dandruff. I used to use a clarifying shampoo, and it was fine. But then it started again and never went no matter what shampoo I use. I wash my hair, and I have dandruff coming out of my hair just a few hours later. I have tried apple cider vinegar and aloe vera. But I do not know why this is happening to my scalp. Kindly help.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin disease that causes an itchy rash with flaky scales.
Factors that can play a role include:
1) Overgrowth of yeast infection (Malassezia).
2) Increased levels of androgens (a hormone).
3) Increased level of skin lipids.
4) Immune response.
5) Genetic (it runs in the family).
Triggers that can worsen seborrheic dermatitis are as follows:
2) Dry weather.
3) Oily skin.
4) Other skin disorders (acne, psoriasis).
Who are prone to seborrhoea:
1) Newborns and adults (more than 30 years of age).
2) Men are affected more than women.
3) People with oily skin are more susceptible to this infection.
Tips for seborrhoea:
1) Wash your scalp regularly. Try over-the-counter dandruff shampoos containing-
Ketoconazole 1 %.
(Use a product daily until your signs and symptoms subside, and then use it one to three times a week as needed.)
2) You can soften your scales by applying olive oil, leaving it in for an hour, combing, and then washing your scalp.
3) Do not use products containing alcohol.
4) Avoid hair sprays and hair gels.
I hope this answer helps you. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Thank you for your response. I will try and get over-the-counter shampoo. Just a quick one. Is there anything else I can do to make this go?
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
If you have red patches over your scalp or local areas of greasy scales over the scalp or skin, I suggest applying Hydrocortisone 1 % for a week only. If you are using the shampoo, keep it for five minutes and then rinse it off.
Please follow up after two weeks.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. spot apply Tenovate cream at night for 15 days. Tablet H.vit forte once daily for 30 days (for greying and hair fall). Keraglow AD shampoo twice weekly for six weeks. Other good medicated shampoo you can use for dandruff are Scalpe Shampoo, Forfo... Read fullA transparent fluid releases from my scalp. Is that due to head lice?
I am unable to comb my hair ... Please wash your hair daily with some anti-lice shampoo or neem water ... Read fullI have hair fall problem, and my hair becomes oily and greasy. Please help.
Keraglo-AD shampoo (combination of Ketoconazole, Ichthyol Pale, and D-Panthenol), twice a week, for a month ... However, there is no need to panic as we have good shampoos and hair supplements, which can help to control the problem ...... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dermatologist Now