Q. My dandruff problem is concerning with its spread over face and eyelids. Please help.

Dr. Subhash Kashyap
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 23, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 31, 2020

I am a 31-year-old male, suffering from hair dandruff for the past one year heavily. I have a history of dandruff but I only used anti-dandruff shampoo before, only this last year it got so intense, that now it is not only in my scalp but it started to show on my face.

It is showing a little bit above my upper mouth lip but a lot more intensive on my eyelids, and I always have a burning sensation above my eyes when I wake up and sometimes it is itchy and looking red but it is burning intensely these days.

#

These are typical symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis. It is a chronic condition due to overactivity and inflammation of the sebaceous gland sometimes aggravated by fungus Malessezia a normal inhabitant of the body. You need to stop all oil application. Keep dry.

1. Use anti-dandruff soap Ketoconazole soap.

2. Capsule Itraconazole 200 mg twice daily for two weeks after meals.

3. Tablet Levocetirizine 10 mg once daily at night.

4. Tablet Deflazacort 30 mg after breakfast once daily for five days.

5. Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily 30 minutes before breakfast for five days.

6. Ketoconazole shampoo to apply it twice weekly over the scalp and affected area for 10 minutes before bathing.

Depend on the body some are more prone.

None.

Sebopsoriasis.

Less oil.

After two weeks.

| 

Can head lice cause fluid release from scalp?

Query: Hello doctor, I do not know what happened to my scalp. A transparent fluid releases from my scalp and because of this, my scalp becomes hard. I am unable to comb my hair. After scratching it feels like burning. Can this problem arise due to lice in the head? Kindly help.  Read Full »

How to stop dandruff and hair fall?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old female. Since two years, I am getting tiny white balls coming out from my head in comb with dandruff flakes and a lot of hair fall. I took homeopathy medicine and after some time, it came again.  Read Full »

Baby has white patch on cheeks though pimples are gone. Is it seborrheic dermatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, My 1 and a half month old baby is having mild cradle cap and cluster of red pimples on his face. The area is quite dry even though the pimples are gone. This has left a white patch or discoloration on his cheeks. Is this atopic dermatitis or seborrheic dermatitis? How long will it l...  Read Full »