I am a 28 year old male. I have itchy scalp and hair fall with tiny white ball all over the head and also in shoulder. The balls are attached to the skin and coming out in nails with pressure. I have attached the photos along with this query. I am using anti-dandruff shampoo, which cures the itch for one or two days. But, the white balls are still coming out. I am facing this problem over a year. Now, my hair fall has seriously increased. I have oily skin. Advice me some medicine which is easily available and some technique to care my hair.
Related Questions:Please help me with my itchy scalp.
Do you have a question on Folliculitis or Dandruff?Ask a Doctor Now
Welcome to icliniq.com.
According to your history and from the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you are suffering from acute dandruff with folliculitis.
For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist
Hi doctor, Thanks for your reply. Could you please tell me the solution?
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
The white balls are pustules, occurring due to scratching and then infection.Probable diagnosis:
1. Take tablet DOXT-S Doxycycline 100 mg one tablet every day for two weeks with one full glass of water.
2. Salisia-KT shampoo (combination of Salicylic acid and Ketoconazole) every alternate day for scalp. Keep lather for 5 minutes and then wash. After two weeks, when dandruff comes under control decrease it to twice a week and then once a week.
1. Avoid scratching with nail.
2. Avoid oiling the scalp. If needed, then only for an hour and then wash it off.
3. You can use other shampoo if needed on other days.
4. You should increase your fruit, protein and vegetable intake.
Revert back after two weeks for follow up to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Doctor Now