Q. How to treat dark circles?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
Published on Dec 08, 2017

I am a 23 year old female. My BP and sugar are normal. How to treat dark circles?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetology Dermatology Hair Transplant Surgeon Venereology
#

This condition is very much related to lifestyle. In females it is mostly due to stress, poor sleep, poor nutrition and excessive blood loss due to menstruation and excessive work load.

Other condition like fever, typhoid, malaria, thyroid and long-term chronic disease can cause it.

It can be due to sun exposure and tanning. Sometime, it is also natural due to depressed eye socket face structure.

Treatment are as follows:

1. Have good sleep and eat healthy fruits and green vegetables.
  2. Take Iron and multivitamins like Follihair for at least three months.
  3. Check your blood hemoglobin. If it is less then should start with Iron and Folic acid supplements.
  4. Check thyroid and diabetes to rule out other causes.
  5. Use sunscreen 50 SPF. But, face wash and soaps are not treatment. Use Ahaglow (Glycolic acid), which is better than others.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Do You See Strange Floating Objects in Front of Your Eyes?

Article Overview: If you see strange floating objects in front of your eyes, then probably you may be suffering from problems in the posterior or the back segment of your eyes. This article aims to shed light on the very basic mechanisms of the diseases which cause these problems and what steps you can undertake at home to prevent these disorders. Read Article

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Do you see floating objects in front of your eyes? If yes, you may be suffering from problems in the posterior or the back segment of your eyes. The posterior segment of the eye includes the retina, which is the nerve of your eye, the structure responsible for the ability to see and the vitreous hum...  Read Article

My 10 months old daughter has puffy eyes and elevated SGOT. Do we need to be worried?

Query: Hi doctor,My 10 months old daughter has puffy eyes after she wakes up from sleep in the morning. Her blood results show AST (SGOT) as 71 IU/L. Puffiness will vanish during the day after few hours. Do we need to worry about this? Her AST (SGOT) is 71 IU/L, ALT (SGPT) is 28 IU/L, globulin is 1.8 g/dL...  Read Full >>

Dr. Preeti Puranik
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Early morning puffy eyes commonly indicate some problem relating to the urinary system. It can even be a urinary infection. Get a urine analysis done. She also requires renal function tests (blood test). It is better you take her to a local pediatrician for a physical ch...  Read Full