HomeAnswersDermatologydark underarmsPlease suggest a quick and effective solution for dark underarms.

What is a quick and effective treatment for dark underarms?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At July 14, 2022
Reviewed AtSeptember 14, 2023

Patient's Query

I have a problem with dark underarms. I want a quick and best solution. Please help.

I read your query and understand your concern. Please be patient to reach a sustainable solution. Please try the following suggestions. You must try to reduce your weight. You must avoid using loofa during the shower. You must dry your body by patting with a towel after taking a bath. You must apply emollients only and avoid whitening creams for the time being. Take care of yourself. Thank you.

Patient's Query

So doctor, are you suggesting only changing a few of my habits? No medications required?

I understand your concern. I thought the measures mentioned earlier should be tried for one or two months before jumping to the next level, that is, the whitening creams. But if you want to start applying a whitening cream right now, please also follow the above-suggested instructions at the same time. I suggest you apply Eldoquin 2% cream (Hydroquinone) topically once at night as a very thin layer (consult with a specialist doctor, talk with him or her and take medicines with their consent). Follow-up after two weeks. Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Abdel Hakam Soliman
Dr. Abdel Hakam Soliman

Venereology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Dermatology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy