Q. I am suffering from sweaty and dark underarms for long time. Please advice.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jul 25, 2019

I have dark underarms for a long time. I have tried everything possible when it comes to home remedies nothing has worked. I have used Retin-A cream in the past, skin peels, but it becomes red. I have very sweaty underarms. Suggest any treatment and aftercare. No hormonal issues.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have reviewed clinical photographs attached it is acanthosis nigricans. Stop application of Retin- A cream it can lead to irritation in the intertriginous area. You may consider the application of Grazia up cream one daily but only in the armpit and not in the groin area. Consider weight reduction. It takes time for this pigmentation to subside.

Can I go for chemical peels?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

Yes, you can consider chemical peels it helps to reduce pigmentation.

How can dark patches on the cheeks be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, My 21-year-old cousin whose height is 181 cm and weight 120 kg has dark patches on his cheeks. Photos are attached. The patient had already consulted a doctor regarding this year ago. The doctor had suggested that it might be acanthosis nigricans and suggested cholesterol evaluat...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) Yes, it can be acanthosis nigricans. But does he have similar pigmentation over the nape of the neck, groin area, and armpits? His serum cholesterol levels are raised. H...  Read Full

Is underarm skin peeling procedure effective?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I have dark underarms. I used hair removal cream when I was a teenager. I went to a dermatologist and she suggested a skin peeling treatment. It is expensive. So, I just wanted to know if such procedures are effective and for how long? Or are there any cream...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kakkar
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern. You may use Litearm Lotion for dark underarms. It contains Glycolic acid as the main active ingredient which has a skin lightening and exfoliating action. Chemical peeling too induces skin exfoliation thus shedding off excess pigment. Regard...  Read Full

My arms, neck and underarms are blackish compared to the rest of my body. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My arms, neck and underarms are blackish compared to the rest of my body. Please look at my pictures and inform me the solution.  Read Full >>

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are concerned. Looking at your photographs, I can appreciate that you have two things (attachment removed to protect patient identity). 1. Acanthosis nigricans: The darkening of the neck and underarms is due to thickening of the skin, known as ...  Read Full

Ask a Cosmetologist Now