Q. I am suffering from sweaty and dark underarms for long time. Please advice.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

I have dark underarms for a long time. I have tried everything possible when it comes to home remedies nothing has worked. I have used Retin-A cream in the past, skin peels, but it becomes red. I have very sweaty underarms. Suggest any treatment and aftercare. No hormonal issues.

#

I have reviewed clinical photographs attached it is acanthosis nigricans. Stop application of Retin- A cream it can lead to irritation in the intertriginous area. You may consider the application of Grazia up cream one daily but only in the armpit and not in the groin area. Consider weight reduction. It takes time for this pigmentation to subside.

Can I go for chemical peels?

#

Yes, you can consider chemical peels it helps to reduce pigmentation.

|