Q. I am suffering from sweaty and dark underarms for long time. Please advice.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
Published on Jul 25, 2019

I have dark underarms for a long time. I have tried everything possible when it comes to home remedies nothing has worked. I have used Retin-A cream in the past, skin peels, but it becomes red. I have very sweaty underarms. Suggest any treatment and aftercare. No hormonal issues.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have reviewed clinical photographs attached it is acanthosis nigricans. Stop application of Retin- A cream it can lead to irritation in the intertriginous area. You may consider the application of Grazia up cream one daily but only in the armpit and not in the groin area. Consider weight reduction. It takes time for this pigmentation to subside.

| 

Can I go for chemical peels?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

Yes, you can consider chemical peels it helps to reduce pigmentation.

| 

How can dark patches on the cheeks be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, My 21-year-old cousin whose height is 181 cm and weight 120 kg has dark patches on his cheeks. Photos are attached. The patient had already consulted a doctor regarding this year ago. The doctor had suggested that it might be acanthosis nigricans and suggested cholesterol evaluat...  Read Full »

Are underarm skin peeling treatments effective?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I have dark underarms. I used hair removal cream when I was a teenager. I went to a dermatologist and she suggested a skin peeling treatment. It is expensive. So, I just wanted to know if such procedures are effective and for how long? Or are there any cream...  Read Full »

My arms, neck and underarms are blackish compared to the rest of my body. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My arms, neck and underarms are blackish compared to the rest of my body. Please look at my pictures and inform me the solution.  Read Full »

Ask a Cosmetologist Now