Q. After two years of facial hair removal treatment, my skin looks worse. What to do?

Answered by Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Dead Cell Accumulation or Microdermabrasion? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I used to take treatments for facial hair removal using a laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peeling. I did these treatments before two years. My skin has become worse now. I have more dead cells in my skin, and I have darker looking skin. Even my lips have turned dark. My entire upper lip is black. I do not know the reason behind this problem. Do I have this problem due to the laser treatment or due to hormonal imbalance?

I am taking medication for thyroid, which is normal now. I am taking Metformin for hormone regulation. I have facial hairs, and it grows faster. I have facial hair above the lips and chin. I use a razor to clear it. Please prescribe me ointments or creams to reduce the problem.