Dead Cell Accumulation

Dead cell accumulation usually occurs in ichthyosis Vulgaris. It occurs as an inherited or acquired skin problem where the skin does not shed the dead skin cells. They accumulate as patches on the surface of the skin. There is no treatment, but regular exfoliation and moisturization of the skin helps to prevent dryness on the skin and reduces dead cell accumulation on the skin.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have had a dead skin and a very small scab near my genitals with no pain and itching. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, This was the first time I discovered that there was dead skin and a very small scab near my genitals. I do not know what was there before this happened but, there was no pain, itching, etc. And a few weeks later, I found these lesions again. It was the same. What is this? The last phot...  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. As the lesions are subsiding, it is difficult to tell what they would have been. Right now it looks like there would have been a superficial erosion, which is healing (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). It can be ...  Read Full »

Can I go for a haircut after having had removal of ear wax?

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I produce excessive ear wax in my ears due to the fact that I constantly have to go to an ENT to get them cleaned out. Today I had them cleaned out by my ENT but tomorrow I want to get a haircut. I have short hair so when I go to the barber the little hairs always fall and go...  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to In short, you can go for wax removal today. You may also go for a haircut tomorrow. But, before the haircut just insert a thick plug of cotton into each ear. After the haircut and shampooing, you may remove the plug. That way you will prevent hair from going inside t...  Read Full »

Does smegma discharge cause foreskin itching after intercourse?

Query: Hi doctor,The day after having sex, my penis foreskin is itching, and there are small white pimples forming on my foreskin and penis glans. I am taking Fluconazole 150 oral tablet. Two days after taking the tablet, there is forming like dead skin on my penis. When I wash, it goes easily. Two or thre...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I assume it is with the same partner. Note that you need not have to take the tablets every time. Normally in every male, there occurs a secretion called smegma. When you are not cleaning your penis daily by withdrawing the foreskin and exposing the glance penis, it ...  Read Full »

After getting acne, my face has red spots with hyperpigmentation. What is the treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, My concern is about acne. I have a lot of red spots or marks on the face. I also have some areas with hyperpigmentation. My skin became dry after using different products. Currently, I am using an aloe vera moisturizer to reduce dryness. I want to know the treatment to remove acne marks ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shama Naaz

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Yes, acne marks can be removed. These marks occur when the acne lesion fades and so it activates the melanin causing pigmentation. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF (sun protection factor) of 30 and above daily before thirty minutes of going outside. You can use a...  Read Full »

What is the reason for the pain at the bottom side of the back in a geriatric patient?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother, who is 84 years old, was admitted to the hospital for six days (discharge summary attached). In an intervening period of two days, she was admitted to another hospital (discharge card attached) for dialysis and brought back to the same hospital. She was shifted from the previo...  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Kumar Bansal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have seen all reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and discharge summary. She is a known CKD (Chronic kidney disease) with diabetes, hypertension, and bedsores. As per investigation and report, blood pressure and diabetes are under control now...  Read Full »

Why is my tongue always white?

Query: Hi doctor, My tongue remains white for about 1 to 1.5 years. It could be long, but not less than the duration I mentioned. My tongue gets hurt often. Please check the image; it was taken when it got hurt while eating. I am 21 years old. My weight is 55 kg and height is 5'10". I visited both allopath...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Some people have more dead cells forming on the tongue than normal. It is nothing for which you should worry about. Just use a tongue cleaner daily to wipe away dead cells. Do this daily and you will see some difference. Some person's tongue has less blood supply, which ...  Read Full »

My face looks worse after two years of facial hair removal treatment. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to take treatments for facial hair removal using a laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peeling. I did these treatments before two years. My skin has become worse now. I have more dead cells in my skin, and I have darker looking skin. Even my lips have turned dark. My entire upp...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumaresan Muthuvel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You are having hormonal issues. It could be the reason for having pigmentation and excess hair growth. Please mention about the steps taken to maintain the skin. Please send the images of the darkened portion of the skin. I can suggest some remedies after looking at the...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.