Dead Cell Accumulation

Why is my tongue always white?

Query: Hi doctor, My tongue remains white for about 1 to 1.5 years. It could be long, but not less than the duration I mentioned. My tongue gets hurt often. Please check the image; it was taken when it got hurt while eating. I am 21 years old. My weight is 55 kg and height is 5'10". I visited both allopath...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Some people have more dead cells forming on the tongue than normal. It is nothing for which you should worry about. Just use a tongue cleaner daily to wipe away dead cells. Do this daily and you will see some difference. Some person's tongue has less blood supply, which ...  Read Full »

My face looks worse after two years of facial hair removal treatment. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to take treatments for facial hair removal using a laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peeling. I did these treatments before two years. My skin has become worse now. I have more dead cells in my skin, and I have darker looking skin. Even my lips have turned dark. My entire upp...  Read Full »

Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having hormonal issues. It could be the reason for having pigmentation and excess hair growth. Please mention about the steps taken to maintain the skin. Please send the images of the darkened portion of the skin. I can suggest some remedies after looking at the...  Read Full »

Can I go for a haircut after having had removal of ear wax?

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I produce excessive ear wax in my ears due to the fact that I constantly have to go to an ENT to get them cleaned out. Today I had them cleaned out by my ENT but tomorrow I want to get a haircut. I have short hair so when I go to the barber the little hairs always fall and g...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In short, you can go for wax removal today. You may also go for a haircut tomorrow. But, before the haircut just insert a thick plug of cotton into each ear. After the haircut and shampooing, you may remove the plug. That way you will prevent hair from going inside ...  Read Full »

What is this white layer on the head of my penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. From a couple of months, I have noticed white layer with a bad smell on my penis head. Is it a sexually transmitted disease? What to do? How to get it treated? Please, suggest some treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.The white-greyish foul smelling layer on the penis head is known as smegma. It is made up a collection of dead cells and bacteria. It grows when the penis is not cleaned on a daily basis.You need not panic. Just make a point that you clean your penis head thoroughly w...  Read Full »