Laser Hair Removal

Does laser hair removal help with acne?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old man. I would like to ask your opinion about laser hair removal. I have read a lot in the last days and almost everywhere it is said that it is not bad for your health and body and one of the best ways to deal with hair. I am thinking about doing laser removal of hai...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The laser is a safe, painless and permanent method to get rid of unwanted hairs. It is called laser hair reduction to be more precise. Let me explain to you how this laser works: When the laser is passed through the skin, it targets melanocyte (pigment-producing...  Read Full »

My face looks worse after two years of facial hair removal treatment. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to take treatments for facial hair removal using a laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peeling. I did these treatments before two years. My skin has become worse now. I have more dead cells in my skin, and I have darker looking skin. Even my lips have turned dark. My entire upp...  Read Full »

Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having hormonal issues. It could be the reason for having pigmentation and excess hair growth. Please mention about the steps taken to maintain the skin. Please send the images of the darkened portion of the skin. I can suggest some remedies after looking at the...  Read Full »

Is there any surgery to eradicate hirsutism?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I have been suffering from hirsutism (due to PCOS) for about six years. I have undergone treatments like LASER (for about a year) and even consumed antiandrogens and contraceptive pills. But, nothing really worked out. It is horrible now. The growth of the h...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Sekhri

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before I can answer, I would like to see some lab reports. Serum testosterone. DHEAS (most sensitive to adrenals, if > 800 ug/dl suggests adrenal tumor). 17-hydroxyprogesterone. Serum prolactin. Urinary 17-ketosteroid. FSH and LH during first three days of...  Read Full »

I have hair on my face, hands, and legs. Is this Cushing's syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 19 year old female. I have hair on my face, hands, and legs. I have regular periods. My weight is 50 kg, and I am 153 cm tall. Is this Cushing's syndrome?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Excess unwanted hair at unusual sites requires investigation for any underlying hormonal abnormality even if the cycles are regular. It is routine to go for a few blood tests to look for any underlying hormonal abnormality. Laser hair reduction is a...  Read Full »

Is facial hair growth a side effect of Isotretinoin?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. My height is 5'3" and weight 58 kg. I have started to use Isotretinoin 20 mg per day. I have been taking it for the past seven days. But, my facial hair has grown more all over my face. They are not dark, but noticeable. What to do? Should I continue the medici...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Growth of facial hair is not a side effect of Isotretinoin. It could be due to factors such as racial, hormonal and irregular menses. You can continue Isotretinoin till your acne clears and then reduce it to a maintenance dose of 10 mg twice weekly or as needed. However,...  Read Full »

I have unwanted hairs all over my body. Will laser help?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 24 year old male. I have hairs all over my body. I need a natural way to permanently remove them at least from my back, arms, neck and shoulders. Will laser help?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two different procedures that can be done; one is called as electrolysis and the second is laser-based hair removal. The electrolysis involves treatment of each and every hair roots and could be painful. The hair loss is usually permanent with the first sessi...  Read Full »