Decreased Concentration In Work

How to overcome excessive sexual desire due to staying away from my wife?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having severe mental problems and I cannot concentrate on anything. I am a civil engineer and working in a private firm. I am married and have one child. I am unable to take my wife with me because of financial issues. My wife got pregnant last year and since then I have stayed alone...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your mental turmoil. I can see that you are deep in trouble. You should understand the problem yourself. You are staying away from your wife and possibly a father now. You approached several sex workers, but did not get mental satisfaction. You were worri...  Read Full »

I have shyness in public, low confidence, and poor concentration. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I have shyness in public, low confidence, and poor concentration in studies with anxiety, escaping attitude. I am afraid of driving alone and have a fear of giving interviews.  Read Full »

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have mentioned are low confidence, shyness in public, escaping attitude, fear of interviews. These symptoms point towards a diagnosis of social phobia. The most studied and most effective treatment for phobias is behavior therapy. A variety of behavi...  Read Full »

I have lack of concentration, memory problems and negative thoughts. Please help

Query: Hello doctor, I have symptoms related to the mind and body. I have no clarity in thinking. I cannot make any decisions. Even if I do, the moment I make the decision, I get negative thoughts and a sudden jerk in my mind with a sensation of fear. Also, I have on and off memory issues. It appears fine ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. Regarding the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I like to comment on the following things. Your vitamin B12 deficiency is corrected. There is excessive vitamin B12 in yo...  Read Full »

After drinking beer, my brain works fast. How?

Query: Hi doctor, My brain is not working properly. I have very poor concentration power. I am taking a long time to learn any kind of things in comparison to others. When I drink beer, my brain will work very fast for two to three days and I can do much work easily. Please suggest the medicine to improve ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is normal to practice a thing many times to learn it properly. After taking alcohol, there is euphoria phase, in which you may have a perception of betterment. But, it is just a perception and not a real memory. Instead, regular alcohol intake can harm your brain dire...  Read Full »

I am unable to concentrate at work due to repetitive thoughts about my past. Please help me.

Query: Hi doctor, I am going through a difficult phase. I have been in a relationship with my colleague for the past four years. I then had to move to a different city for work. Now the problem is I have started missing her terribly. I cannot concentrate on work or anything else. We talk over the phone ev...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your trouble. Any relationship tends to get more emotional over time. In your case, naturally, the emotional bonding took over your logical thinking and behavior. Usually, there should not be anything to worry. In this modern world, you can keep in touch w...  Read Full »

I am not able to concentrate in studies as before. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I was excellent at studies. But, now, I am not able to concentrate on books. I feel like I have lost the power of memory. I do not remember even very small things. I have developed some bad habits like chewing papers, the inner side of lips, inner side of cheeks, etc. ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The habits like chewing papers, the inner side of lips or cheeks, etc., could be occurring due to some underlying anxiety. Behavioral modification can prove helpful to reduce these restrictive behaviors. Try to distract yourself whenever you are engaged in such habits...  Read Full »

What should I do to improve my son's concentration in studies?

Query: Hi doctor, My 14 year old son cannot concentrate on studies and struggling in school. He is nervous and shaky, especially in school. He scored 65% overall and 85% in his favorite subjects. He reads a lot of story books. We went to a psychiatrist last year and he said that my son is suffering from a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Considering his age, there are many possible reasons that could cause similar presentation. You have mentioned that he is performing well in some subjects, but poor in another. So, there is a possibility of a specific learning disorder. But,...  Read Full »

Please help me understand the reason for my symptoms.

Query: Hi doctor, I have the following problems in my daily life. Social phobia, inferiority complex, lack of concentration and fear of everything. I am not interested to do anything. I am leading a sedentary lifestyle. I also masturbate a lot. I am thinking consistently about my future and living without ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, inferiority complex, social phobia, poor concentration and fear of everything can be a manifestation of depression or anxiety disorders. Having said this, we need to understand that the same symptoms can be present in abnormal thyroid function. The presence...  Read Full »

Is there any way to tackle my concentration problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am doing my second year college. I am unable to concentrate on my studies during the exam. I am very much tensed. I am always overthinking the situations. My parents stay in abroad. I am capable of scoring good marks, but because of my fear I cannot do anything. Is there any way to com...  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Lakhani

Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can. At the start, let me tell you, you are not the only one who is facing this. Many of us go through such phase and come out of it. So, do not worry and think about things that you like to do and give some time to them every day. This will give you a feeling of...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine to improve my memory power.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from memory problems. I cannot remember even small things like the groceries that mom told me to buy. After reaching the shop, I do not remember anything. Please give me a suggestion to improve my concentration and memory power. I am 19 years old. I think too much about ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you are just 19, I would prefer not to advise you any medicines for this. As a matter of fact, there is no medicine that actually works to improve memory of otherwise healthy individual. The anxiety, depression, constantly thinking about something which you are not...  Read Full »