Q. What is the reason for decrease in the visual field even after having medicines for glaucoma?

Answered by Dr. Souhad and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Decreased Field Of Vision or Glaucoma? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 60-year-old female, who weighs 198 lb and 5.7 height. I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer 20 years ago. I am suffering from chemical depression due to chemotherapy, and so, I am on antidepressants for 20 years and on Celexa for the past three years with good results.

Before five years, I was diagnosed with 90 % optic nerve damage in the right eye and 75 % damage in the left eye due to open-angle glaucoma. I am under Brimonidine Tartrate and Dorzolamide twice daily and Latanoprost once daily for the past five years with good control of glaucoma and proper visual fields. The recent visual field test showed a decrease in the visual field. Laser treatment was done again for open-angle glaucoma before a week.