Q. Does sesame seed help in getting periods?

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

My last period was two months back. Then I postponed my period by taking lemon seeds and till now I have not got my period.

I am taking sesame seeds daily for the past four days but I did not get my period.

Can you please help me by giving medical prescription to get period?

Do you have a question on Delayed Period or Urine Pregnancy Test?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

DIP- GYNAE AND OBS., DIPLOMA IN HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT., PALS- PEDIATRIC ADVANCED LIFE SUPPORT., MBBS
Obstetrics And Gynaecology

I do not think period can be postponed or withdrawal bleeding can come with these seeds.

If you are not sexually active then you may take progesterone tablets like Gynaset 5 mg (Norethisterone), thrice a day for three days and then wait for one week to get withdrawal bleeding. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him/her and take the medicine with consent.

However, it will be best if you get a scan for pelvic area before starting the medicine and this will also tell you the reason for this delay.

You are quite underweight with BMI 14. Try to improve your weight through good diet and exercise. Also get your thyroid profile done. You can share your reports when available.

Revert back with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I am sexually active with my boyfriend. We follow pull-out method. So, please advice medicine suitable for not to get pregnant.

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology

• Get one urine pregnancy test done (morning first urine sample) and still better if you can manage to get ultrasound done. If all are clear then you can take the medicine as prescribed and you will get withdrawal bleeding.
  • Once you get your periods then it will be best to take regular pills rather than this as even precum can result in pregnancy.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

When exactly does the pregnancy symptoms arise after unprotected sex?
Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected intercourse with my fiance during the first week of last month. Same week, within few days she complained about vomiting sensation but had no vomiting. Immediately the next day she had a little discharge from vagina and a little menstrual cramp. Her last menstrual perio...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are not pregnancy symptoms, but rather they are symptoms of ovulation with mild abdominal ache, nausea, headache, bloating and thin mucus discharge from vagina. As her last menstrual period (LMP) was in the last week, two months back. So, it is day16 today. ...  Read Full »

I had sex with my partner last month and missed periods. Am I pregnant?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old and I had sex with my partner last month. My expected period date was a week later. Still, I did not get my periods. I have tried testing pregnancy strips the result was negative. I consumed Regestrone tablets for the past four days. We do not want to have a baby beca...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the urine pregnancy test was done after eight days post missed menses was negative then you are not pregnant. However, to be double sure, you may opt for a serum beta hCG test, where if the hCG levels are less than 3 mIU, then you can be sure that you are not pre...  Read Full »

Does my hCG level indicate failing intrauterine or ectopic pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I am pregnant about five weeks. However, my Hb is 13.2 but beta hCG is 106.2 and after 48 hours it was 108.4. Is it failing intrauterine or ectopic? Or what should I do now? Currently, I am not taking any medicine.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should get a serial beta hCG levels done after 48 hours each again and also an ultrasound pelvis to check if fetal pole has arrived. The rise in beta hCG levels is less than 63 % of course and indicates a possible chemical pregnancy. Do not be in a hurry to abort...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now