Q. Does sesame seed help in getting periods?

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 28, 2018 and last reviewed on: Dec 03, 2020

My last period was two months back. Then I postponed my period by taking lemon seeds and till now I have not got my period.

I am taking sesame seeds daily for the past four days but I did not get my period.

Can you please help me by giving medical prescription to get period?

#

I do not think period can be postponed or withdrawal bleeding can come with these seeds.

If you are not sexually active then you may take progesterone tablets like Gynaset 5 mg (Norethisterone), thrice a day for three days and then wait for one week to get withdrawal bleeding. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him/her and take the medicine with consent.

However, it will be best if you get a scan for pelvic area before starting the medicine and this will also tell you the reason for this delay.

You are quite underweight with BMI 14. Try to improve your weight through good diet and exercise. Also get your thyroid profile done. You can share your reports when available.

Revert back with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I am sexually active with my boyfriend. We follow pull-out method. So, please advice medicine suitable for not to get pregnant.

#

• Get one urine pregnancy test done (morning first urine sample) and still better if you can manage to get ultrasound done. If all are clear then you can take the medicine as prescribed and you will get withdrawal bleeding.
  • Once you get your periods then it will be best to take regular pills rather than this as even precum can result in pregnancy.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|