Q. Is delayed ovulation the reason for delayed period?

Dr. Sonal Prasad
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 06, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 10, 2019

My LMP was a few months back. I did not get periods after that. We thought I was further along when I found out I was pregnant a month later. I went for an ultrasound and there was nothing on the screen. I went back three weeks later and the baby was measuring 6 weeks 1 day. Is it possible to ovulate that late with no period?

#

Congratulations on your conception. Yes, it is possible to ovulate late. In fact one of the causes of delayed periods is delayed ovulation. Make sure you take your Folic acid supplements and get your routine investigations of pregnancy done (blood group, complete blood count, urine r/e, fasting blood sugar, TSH, HbsAg, HIV). Please avoid exposure to radiation and inadervant drugs during pregnancy especially in the first trimester.

Routine antenatal investigations

Folic acid
Doxinate if required

With reports

|