Q. Is delayed ovulation the reason for delayed period?

Dr. Sonal Prasad
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 06, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 10, 2019

My LMP was a few months back. I did not get periods after that. We thought I was further along when I found out I was pregnant a month later. I went for an ultrasound and there was nothing on the screen. I went back three weeks later and the baby was measuring 6 weeks 1 day. Is it possible to ovulate that late with no period?

#

Congratulations on your conception. Yes, it is possible to ovulate late. In fact one of the causes of delayed periods is delayed ovulation. Make sure you take your Folic acid supplements and get your routine investigations of pregnancy done (blood group, complete blood count, urine r/e, fasting blood sugar, TSH, HbsAg, HIV). Please avoid exposure to radiation and inadervant drugs during pregnancy especially in the first trimester.

Routine antenatal investigations

Folic acid
Doxinate if required

With reports

| 

I had a positive ovulation test. Is there a chance of pregnancy in this cycle?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a positive urine ovulation predictor kit test before four days. I visited the clinic for a follicular scan on that day, and I believe there was a rupture of the follicle. I want to know if I have fertile days left after follicle ruptures or there is no chance? We did not have in...  Read Full »

How effective Meprate in preventing pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend is a virgin and we were intimate on two consecutive days last month. During that time, her periods were delayed by two weeks. I was careful not to ejaculate anywhere near her vagina nor was it knowingly in contact with my penis. She waited for another 10 days and since she d...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»