Q. My last period was 48 days back. What should I do?

Dr.
Published on Mar 28, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2019

My last period was 48 days before. Till now no period. Pregnancy kit tests are negative. I have completed Meprate 10 mg five days course. Still no period. What should I do? Please help. I am very stressed.

#

I think you should test your blood for Hb %, sugar (fasting and postprandial), and prolactin for better evaluation.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thank you for your reply. I am currently doing 45-minute moderate exercises at least four days in a week, eating regularly salads, oats, and low carbohydrate diet. What to do for normal level TSH? What dose should I maintain of Eltroxin?

#

I suggest reducing the dose of Eltroxin to 75 mcg from 100 and get repeat a T3, T4, and TSH after three weeks and consult again for further dose titration. Consult your specialist doctor discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

My pregnant wife was recommended a gall bladder removal surgery. When can it be done?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 13 weeks pregnant. Though she takes Doxinate tablet once a day, she still has vomiting. Also, she often gets a stomach pain which eases in five minutes. We have discussed with the gynecologist about these issues and he had suggested a full abdominal ultrasound. In the ultra...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is good that you have consulted a surgeon and arrived at a diagnosis. It is nothing to panic about. If the sludge is left behind, it can cause an obstruction and not allow the baby to ...  Read Full

My pregnant wife noticed blood in her vomit. What is the reason?

Query: My doctor,My wife is pregnant and this is her third month. During vomiting, she noticed blood. What is the reason? Kindly suggest me.  Read Full >>

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is unusual for a pregnant woman to vomit blood. The reason may be excess, repeated vomiting caused esophageal tears, which leads to blood in the vomitus. If hematemesis is persistent and there are signs of decreased perfusion like cold extremities, giddiness, low bl...  Read Full

Missed or delayed periods after taking I-Pill? Is it due to pregnancy or amenorrhea?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and she took I-pill within two hours. She had bleeding for three to six days after having sex and she missed her periods till now.I have heard about the disease amenorrhea, it might also be the side effect of I-pill in some cases. Is this a pregnan...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Amenorrhea is not a disease. Amenorrhea is simply absence of the menstrual cycle. A lot of females have missed periods for one or two cycles after taking I-pill and this is normal. In most cases cycle resumes after one or two missed periods. So, no need to worry. Within o...  Read Full