I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and she is late on her period by three days. What does it indicate?

Q. What does a delay in the period after unprotected sex indicate?

Dr. Kanani Darshan Jayantilal

My girlfriend is 19 years old and has been missing periods for the last three than the usual date. We had unprotected sex four days after and five days before the actual date. Kindly suggest.

#

If your girlfriend has missed her period for three days and had unprotected sex, there is a possibility of pregnancy. However, it is also possible that her menstrual cycle is simply delayed due to other factors such as stress, changes in diet, or changes in physical activity. Norethisterone is a medication that is sometimes used to regulate menstrual cycles and may be prescribed by a doctor to address delayed periods. I would recommend that your girlfriend take a pregnancy test to determine if she is pregnant. If the test is negative, she should wait a few more days to see if her period starts. Otherwise, go for an ultrasound. Feel free to contact me for further queries.

|