Q. I miss my period and it is the second month now. How to confirm the reason?

Dr. Deepti Kurmi
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 16, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2019

I am 20-years-old with 5’2 height and 65 kgs weight. I had sexual intercourse with my fiance a few days back, and I was active even before that. I did not have my periods last month, and this is going to be the second month if periods do not come. I have tested lots of times, and the result was negative. I do not want to go to any doctor please advice what should I take which can help me with my periods and even if in any case, I am pregnant how can I resolve it with quick medicine without going to any doctor. Please help.

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have read your message. If the pregnancy test is negative, then it is unlikely that you are pregnant. But to be double sure kindly do blood test beta hCG. It will give you confirm to report about pregnancy. Next thing if it comes out to be negative, then you can take medicine as I have prescribed to get menses. Take it twice daily for five days. You will get menses in 3-4 days after the last dose. If the blood test is positive, then you need to visit Gynecologist directly as a treatment for abortion is not allowed to be given on the phone.

| 

I have missed periods. Is this pregnancy or a disease amenorrhea?

Query: Hi doctor,I had unprotected sex at 11 PM but took I-pill the next morning at 9 AM. I have missed periods. I have heard about the disease amenorrhea. Is this pregnancy or a disease amenorrhea? If amenorrhea happens, can it be easily cured? How she I have regular periods? Is it a matter of fear or a c...  Read Full »

Though my pregnancy test is negative, I miss my period. What to do now?

Query: Hello doctor, I have missed periods and a negative pregnancy test. Should I wait for another test? I tested three days back. The last LMP date was exactly a month back. This is related to my wife.  Read Full »

Why am I not getting my periods after taking Z pack?

Query: Hello doctor,My last period started a month back. The next week I was on a Z pack for a throat infection. I have not gotten my period this month. I am 7 to 10 days late. Took six different brands, etc. Pregnancy tests are all negative. What could be causing this late period? I am under a lot of stre...  Read Full »