Q. Is it difficult to conceive after 30 years of age?

Published on Jul 14, 2018

I am 33 years old and still unmarried. I am really stressed about marriage and kids. Is it very difficult to conceive after 30?

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

It is true that the chances of pregnancy decrease with the advancement of age but pregnancy are still possible upto 45 years of marriage. The chance depends on the number of follicles available in your ovary which varies from person to person. I also like to inform you that stress is one of the important parameters which decreases the chance of pregnancy so it is very important to keep it under control. Having stress free life is very important for your general well being as well as sexual health.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

I got pregnant outside marriage and feel ashamed. How can I deal with this?

Query: Hello doctor, I am pregnant without being married. My boyfriend cheated me. I cannot contact him as he blocked me. I feel so ashamed to see my family. Until now, I never told them that I am pregnant. I want to die. I am mentally disturbed. What should I do now?  Read Full »

Why are dual marker tests and other tests done during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 12 weeks pregnant. My age is 38. My doctor prescribed dual marker test. My PAPP-A report is 1.88 mIU/ml, while FB-hCG is 28.2 ng/ml. NT is 0.90 mm (.65 MoM). Biochem risk +NT is 1:4730, age risk 1:189, trisomy 13/18 + NT is < 1:10000. I am worried about my reports, whether it ...  Read Full »

Pregnancy test had two mildly visible lines, but it is now negative.

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex six weeks ago and my period was late for two weeks. I used the first PT when my period was five days late and it has two lines but it is not that visible. After three days, I tried again and it is already negative. Up to the two-weeks late period, all PT are negat...  Read Full »