Q. My son is 2 years old and not speaking yet. Please help.

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 17, 2020

My son is 2 years old and he is not speaking yet. He only used to tell some words like dad, banana, ice, etc. He is not trying to talk a full sentence. Please help.

#

• It starts from around 6 months and goes on till 3 to 4 years. So, need not worry.
  • Sometimes, boys develop speech and language skills slower than girls. It also depends on as to when either father or mother developed it in their childhood.
  • It is only after 2 years children will start combining words and make simple sentences. So, just patiently wait and keep talking to your little one even if he does not respond verbally.
  • Do not respond to his actions and respond only when he says something. In this way you can help his speech to develop fast.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|