Q. My son is 3 years old. He is not speaking like other children of the same age. What do I do?

Dr. Kanwar Deep
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 25, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

My son is 3 years old. He is not speaking like other children of the same age. He is speaking very few words. What do I do?

#

He has probably not interacted verbally enough with family members and other children of his age.

Presuming his hearing capacity is normal, the above mentioned might be the reason.

Please interact with him more often in the form of talking to him and storytelling where verbal communication is significant.

Involve him in playful activities and talk to him at every opportunity.

He should be encouraged to play with other children his age.

Decrease his screen time (television/video games/mobile phones).

With your patience and interactions, things will brighten up.

| 
1 out of 1 likes