Q. How long should I take Soltus for delusion?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

I am a 33-year-old male, and my height is 5 ft and 8 inches. I am currently on medication of Soltus 75 mg, which was earlier Soltus 100 mg. I am on medication for one year and a half. I was having delusions. I want to know till how long do I need to continue this medication as I am gaining wait and my mental alertness has also reduced. What could it be?

#

Soltus (Amisulpride) is an antipsychotic medication given to manage symptoms like delusions, hallucinations, thought disturbances, etc. These symptoms can occur in different situations like extreme stress, psychosis, etc. Discuss with your prescribing psychiatrist regarding the diagnosis as he will have a complete history. This medication needs to be continued for at least a year, possibly longer depending on the nature of your symptoms, previous history, etc.

So again, kindly discuss with your prescribing doctor. If you are stable, your doctor may consider decreasing the dose to soltus 50 mg daily. But any dose reduction needs to be done under medical supervision. Weight gain can be an issue with this medication. It can be managed by eating healthily (avoid fast foods, high-calorie snacks, etc.) and having regular exercise.

|