Q. How to know that bacteria present on an extracted tooth is from the oral cavity?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 23, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 01, 2021

Is there a possibility to have bacterial growth on the pulled tooth? How can I measure the bacteria on the tooth? How to know that the bacteria pulled out of the tooth are from the tooth? How to check the bacteria on the tooth without using any technology?

#

An extracted site is a place to have a bacterial deposition. It creates infection. To avoid it, you will be prescribed antibiotics to avoid having bacterial growth and it helps to keep the place without infection. Plaque and tartar deposition seems to be a favorable place to have bacterial deposition and it affects tooth health slowly and steadily. People can have foul breath and gingivitis after getting the infection. It is common to have bacteria in the mouth. To avoid having an accumulation of bacteria or infection, it is necessary to brush the teeth twice daily. You can use a mouth wash. It is good to rinse the mouth after eating.

For assessing the bacteria in the mouth, you can develop an abscess in the infected tooth. X-rays help to determine the abscess. Then it is treated by doing curettage and drainage of the abscess is done. Antibiotics are taken to reduce the infection. Warm saline gargling is done to prevent food lodgement in the extracted site. It is necessary to practice dental hygiene practices to resolve the discomfort. If you have any dental issues, kindly upload the image. I will help you to give a proper diagnosis and treatment.

|