Deposits On Teeth

Can I brush my teeth after wisdom tooth removal?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got all four of my wisdom teeth removed last week. I was looking at my back teeth, both top and bottom. On all the four teeth, at the very back of my mouth, just front of where the wisdom teeth were, I noticed what appears to be brown hairline-looking marks in the pits and on th...  Read Full »

Dr. Shamaz Mohamed

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry. They must be just stained pits and fissures. Since you have not brushed your teeth, or maintained your oral hygiene for a week, they have developed. I insist that you start gentle brushing and rinsing of your mouth twice daily with any over t...  Read Full »

Why is my tooth root exposed?

Query: Hello doctor, My two front bottom teeth are wearing away from the inside (from below upwards). They will soon have the roots exposed and then I will surely lose them. Is there anything I can do to slow down the process? Brushing now seems to accelerate it with chunks coming out!! I have not been to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The scraping done to the inside area of lower front teeth is necessary to remove calculus deposited at the site. This procedure is called the dental scaling. We definitely have to remove those calculus deposits for longer life of the teeth. Use warm salin...  Read Full »

My Teeth Are Yellow.Is Scaling Only A Temporary Process To Clean The Teeth?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 19 years old. My teeth are yellow from childhood (from 10 years of age). A black layer is formed at the backside of teeth. When I see my teeth it seems very dirty and too much of creamy layer is formed on my teeth especially in lower canines and lower incisors. In the lower teeth...  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yellowing of teeth is mainly due to one of the following or a combination of these: Tartar or plaque deposits (soft yellowish deposits) on the teeth. Calculus deposits (calcified hard deposits) on the teeth. Fluorosis - internal discoloration of the teeth due to ...  Read Full »

Teeth are getting deposited with something which gets removed after scaling please guide.

Query: Hello doctor, My teeth are getting deposited with something which gets removed after scaling but, soon develops after 20 days. This situation has taken place twice. I do not have soft drinks, coffee, and chocolates. I am very upset about this situation. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Scaling is a temporary solution. You should maintain your oral health. As I have seen in pictures, there is stain deposition in your back teeth (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are several reasons for stains, most common is smoking, fail to bru...  Read Full »

My teeth are yellow.I am not even smiling because of embarrassment. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a large white spot on one of my front teeth. My teeth are yellow and it makes my smile look bad. When I was young, I had used a paste given to me by my dentist. I cannot remember the name of it, but I was supposed to scrub it on my teeth, leave it for five minutes and then spit ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

How to prevent bleeding on brushing?

Query: Hi doctor, I noticed light bleeding while brushing. I feel minor discomfort in the gums at the centre, top and back of the teeth. I do not have much pain. Can I apply anything externally on the gums to prevent bleeding? Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should use Betadine gargle as mouthwash twice daily for 15 days to reduce the swelling of gums and bleeding and also to keep your teeth clean. It would be better if you could go to a dentist for physical evaluation. Ask your dentist to do cleaning of your whole mouth...  Read Full »

I have tooth deposits and cavities as well as swollen gums. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 15 and I have been noticing that there is an orange substance building up on some of my teeth. My gums are swollen. There is a cavity in my canine tooth and I was wondering if there was any way I can fix it without going to a dentist because my family is very poor. So, would you r...  Read Full »

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia

Dentist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Debris is getting deposited onto the tooth surface. The gums are inflamed due to the debris. Brush your tooth twice daily. Rinse your mouth after every meal. I suggest you get your teeth cleaned by a dental hygienist.The cavity on the tooth surface is a cervical abrasio...  Read Full »

What are the dark grayish colored patches on my upper four teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female, and I have dark grayish colored patches on the crown of my four upper teeth along the gum line. I can send pictures if you want. Is it periodontitis? I am very scared.  Read Full »

Dr. Tinu Thampy

Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Dentist, Oral Implantologist, Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. The dark gray colored deposits on your teeth is a part of the subgingival calculus. That means, the deposits started long back and irritated the gingiva. The slight bleeding from gums made it stained. This is not periodontitis. But, it is the sta...  Read Full »

How many times a day should I brush my teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, How many times a day should I brush my teeth? I recently bought an electronic toothbrush with five modes. I am not new to electronic toothbrushes. I brush my teeth in sensitive mode and I used to wash them three times a day after having food. Sometimes, especially after I had my teeth c...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Welcome to icliniq.com. The best oral hygiene maintenance method is to brush your teeth with a soft or medium toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. The electronic toothbrush does not offer any real additional benefit to normal individuals. It is the movements of the toothbrush made by our hands that b...  Read Full »