Q. Can removing of the braces move my teeth back in the same position?

Dr. Mayank Khandelwal

My top wires were bothering me; they were poking me, so I removed the wires with pliers. I get my braces off next week. Between that time, will my teeth shift? If so, how bad?

#

Hope you are doing well.

Sorry to hear about wire poking you. As you will be off your braces in two days and have removed the wire, it should not change much. There are high chances it will remain the same. What you have to take care of now is the retention part. Retainers are one of the most important parts of orthodontics treatment. All the gains we make through orthodontics treatment could be lost if retention is not taken care of. Kindly take full care and follow all instructions regarding the retainers. Wear it full-time for a minimum of ten to 12 months or as your orthodontist instructed. The wear time varies from case to case. Strictly adhere to that and get a regular check-up done once every two months during retainers therapy.

Do reach out for further information or clarifications.

Have a good day.

|