Orthodontic Relapse

My teeth got shifted after some years of ortho treatment. Should I get braces again?

Query: Hello doctor,I got my braces treatment done before 12 years, as my teeth in the upper jaw were outwards than lower ones. Doctor put braces on my upper jaw as the problem was in the upper jaw teeth. But after two to three years teeth starting shifting and now I have developed spaces between teeth ran...  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reason for relapse are many, 1. Dietary habits, eating hard food, putting much pressure on teeth. 2. Not using retainers up to the suggested time. 3. Internal factors such as lower teeth or jaw alignment which might be interfering with upper jaw alignment. 4....  Read Full »

My front teeth was bent inward during ortho treatment is moving back now. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I had two upper premolars removed during my ortho treatment and the front two teeth bent inward. The new doctor corrected it, but now the same thing is happening again. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Varun Pratap Singh

Orthodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Removing upper premolars is a part of orthodontic treatment if space requirements make it mandatory. This is done to take back your forwardly placed front teeth. The doctor should maintain the inclinations of the front teeth while taking them back. Failure of which l...  Read Full »

I have started to get space between teeth after orthodontic treatment. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had braces on my teeth when I was 15 years old. Now I am 24 and I can see a lot of gaps developing between my teeth. Should I put on braces again or is there any alternative option that I should choose?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must not go for conventional orthodontic braces treatment for such gaps, instead, you should go for clear or invisible aligners orthodontic treatment for it. In it you do not have to get bracketing done but only an invisible tray will be given to wear that will clos...  Read Full »

My teeth have become overlapped after orthodontic treatment. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a complex case, as stated by my dentist. I had braces five years ago, but my teeth went back to their previous state, overlapped, like they were tightly fit into a small place, apparently because of the shape of my mouth. Also, I have fear from getting braces the second time, t...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can exactly tell you about your case on seeing radiographs and clinical pictures of teeth if you can provide. While, your query is telling me you had a relapse of orthodontic treatment. Now you have two options. 1. Go for invisible tray ortho treatment (in which invi...  Read Full »