Q. I have a denture after bone graft. Can I take it out for cleaning?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I have done a bone graft on my front teeth for a dental implant. Now, I have a flipper (denture). Do I have to take the flipper out (denture) to clean it? For how many times do I have to clean it?

#

I have gone through your question, and I can understand your concern about your denture. You have to take it out after having meals, and you have to clean it properly or keep it in water till you wear it next time. If you feel that you have halitosis (bad breath), then you can take it out even after having meals too. Also, if you are at home, you do not need to put them on the mouth, you can keep it out at that time. You have to keep it out during the night. Please send a picture of your gum region as well as denture to guide you further because dentures may cause resorption of the ridge also.

|