Oral Hygiene Maintenance

Is removing wisdom teeth while pregnant advisable?

Query: Hi doctor,I have an impacted wisdom tooth, which is horizontal and I just saw that it had been severely decayed. I have been reading about it lately. Is it safe to go for an extraction?  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, your impacted wisdom tooth has to be checked with an x-ray at a dental hospital. This helps to figure out in what angulation is the tooth impacted. You are already aware that it is horizontally impacted. You have also mentioned that the tooth is badly decaye...  Read Full »

Can I brush my teeth after wisdom tooth removal?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got all four of my wisdom teeth removed last week. I was looking at my back teeth, both top and bottom. On all the four teeth, at the very back of my mouth, just front of where the wisdom teeth were, I noticed what appears to be brown hairline-looking marks in the pits and on th...  Read Full »

Dr. Shamaz Mohamed

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry. They must be just stained pits and fissures. Since you have not brushed your teeth, or maintained your oral hygiene for a week, they have developed. I insist that you start gentle brushing and rinsing of your mouth twice daily with any over t...  Read Full »

My molars are suddenly sensitive to cold water only. Should I concern about it?

Query: Hello doctor, My molars are suddenly sensitive to cold water only. Should I concern about it?  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does call for concern no doubt, but you need to be careful now with that tooth at least. Sensitivity means your tooth's outer layer has been eroded, so you need to take care of a few things, 1. Do not over brush that tooth or tooth in that area. 2. Avoid taking ...  Read Full »

What is the best way of keeping the teeth healthy?

Query: Hello doctor, What is the best way of keeping my teeth healthy?  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Menon

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prevention is always better than cure. Follow simple habits from a young age like brushing your teeth twice daily. Using mouthwashes and floss provides an added advantage. Try to avoid sticky foods as far as possible. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal. Per...  Read Full »

Why does my sperm stinks?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old man. I have thick sperm that stinks and my saliva is also lumpy and stinks really bad. This has been like this for a few years now. I have gone to the sexual health clinic and had urine and blood test. It showed up nothing and came back clear. I also think that it ma...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think that it is not a disease. It is just a variation to have this thick saliva and sperm. It does not look like any infectious condition. Everyone's semen coagulate and smells bad once it comes in contact with air. I think it may be your increase awareness and conce...  Read Full »

How to prevent infection in tooth cavity?

Query: Hello doctor, In my whole life I am known for eating candy and not brushing my teeth as much as I should. Today, I went to the dentist and said that I have nine cavities. This concerns me because I am not sure how long I had the cavities. This is my first time I am visiting a dentist. I read an a...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, by getting the tooth filled you can prevent further decay of the teeth. It would prevent any spread of infection. Yes, dental infection can get life-threatening through septicemia (bacteria in blood), which can go through the maxillary sinus to the brain. But, it ha...  Read Full »

Should I get a filling when a small part of composite restoration is chipped off?

Query: Hello doctor, If a tooth with a little bit of a composite filling that is chipped off at the edge should it be replaced? It is on a molar tooth and does not hurt. The dental explorer does stick in there but no signs of decay on the X-ray. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As there is no sign of decay, so you need not worry for now. But be extra careful with that tooth, you should maintain good oral hygiene, clean full mouth with fingers after every meal, there should be no food lodgement in your tooth. Rinse mouth properly after every...  Read Full »

Why are the stitches in my mouth coming loose?

Query: Hi doctor, I had gum graft surgery a couple of days ago. Now, the swelling has gone down around the graft site. I am noticing that some of my stitches on one side are loose and coming out. Should I be worried about this? There is no bleeding. Otherwise, it appears to be healing. I have attached phot...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The suture or stitches are self-dissolving, then will get loosen and dissolve in the course of time. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The gum grafts are adequately placed and tight as required. You do not need to worry about it. T...  Read Full »

Why do I have pimples on the back of my tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. A month ago, I noticed few small pimples at the back of my tongue and I thought that they will get alright on their own. But, they have been there for almost a month.  And, I have halitosis too. I often have a sore throat as well, but it is not severe.  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The bumps are enlarged circumvallate papillae, which can be due to a number of causes like oral infections, acid reflux, throat infections, or a post nasal drip. Halitosis or bad breath can occur due to poor oral hygiene, oral and dental infections, post nasal drip, ...  Read Full »

My daughter is on braces and having heavy painful jaw. What is the best treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter wears braces for almost three years now. Right now, she often complains of the heavy jaw and is painful. What is the best treatment for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The metal fittings over your daughter's teeth would be cause for the heaviness she feels. And the pain she encounters might be for two reasons. 1.Generalized soreness of the gums since there is continuous pressure over it by the tooth movement produced during the tr...  Read Full »