Q. For depression, would it be sorted out if I go for counseling?

Dr. Aditya Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on May 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 07, 2021

I recently had a session with one of the doctors in this forum. She helped me in getting into focus and gave me ideas on overcoming my problems. But, I seem to be lost and blank lately. Nothing seems interesting and everything happening around me seems suspicious. I see myself emotionally broke most of the time. Not able to find a safe place. I am feeling insecure and homeless. I am getting frustration, anger and restlessness. I would like to know what is happening to me.

#

• From what you have described, you could be suffering from depression. Depression of such intensity requires medication and cure is possible in such cases.
  • Breath relaxation exercises or meditation is also helpful, but not a substitute for medications.

1. Thyroid profile.
2. Zung's self-rating depression scale.

MDD (major depressive disorder).

For further doubts consult a psychiatrist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

Thanks for diagnosing. I believe these have a start due to relationship problems. I have had issues with rejection since childhood. Being on the innocent side, I was fooled in an unexpected way. This has led me to a series of explosions inside. My position now has become chaotic with a lot of whimsical thoughts. A complete state of anger has popped up. Would it be sorted if I have a counseling session?

#

• In my opinion, medications are necessary at this stage. Psychotherapy also helps, but best result will come with a combination of both medications and psychotherapy.
  • Medications will help with the current symptoms while psychotherapy will help you learn how to cope better and thus help to prevent relapse.
  • Commonly people are afraid that they will become dependent on medicines or that medicines will harm them, which is more myth than reality.
  • You can plan a session with a psychotherapist either on this platform or offline. Surely, it will be helpful along with medication. Thus, consultation with a psychiatrist is necessary for you.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|