Q. Kindly suggest the best medicine for depression, anxiety, and lack of confidence.

Answered by Dr. Punya Mulky and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Depression or Anxiety? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Kindly suggest the best medicine for depression, anxiety, and lack of confidence.

I have depression, anxiety, lack of confidence, lack of energy and sleep, excess sweating, fast heartbeat from last 18 years. I have tried several ayurvedic treatments, then went to psychiatric treatment but no benefit. Previously doctor prescribed me Nexito Forte and Pronol 10 in morning and evening and Prestiq 50 in the night. I had taken it for two years but feel some benefit only. It causes me excess sweating.

Then I consulted another doctor and he suggested me Paxep CR 12.5 in morning and Buspar 10 in morning and evening. But it creates a problem in sleeping and some weakness. Then I consulted another doctor, he prescribed me Nexito 10 and Clonazepam 0.5 in the morning and evening and Mirtazapine 15 in the night. But it created excess sleep and stomach upset. But I feel slightly better mentally. I am really confused that which treatment of medicine I should follow for a long term to get rid of my problem completely. Which will be a better option for me? Please help.