HomeAnswersNeurologydepressionMy mother is facing a psychological issue. Please help.

Post fibroids operation there is gradual deterioration in health. What to do?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At January 16, 2018
Reviewed AtFebruary 13, 2024

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

My mother is facing a psychological problem. She had a fibroids operation seven years back. Before the operation, she was very active but after this, her health has gradually deteriorated. At present, she cannot recognize anyone, she shouts by seeing everything, has an involuntary passing of urine and cannot eat on her own. We have also consulted a neurologist, but they said there is no problem. We cannot take her out. Please suggest us what to do.

Answered by Dr. Aida Abaz Quka


Welcome to icliniq.com. Her symptoms could be related to depression, but I would first recommend performing a brain CT (computed tomography) scan to exclude a brain tumor or hydrocephalus which can mimic this clinical situation. I would also recommend checking your thyroid hormone levels and vitamin B12 and vitamin E plasma levels to investigate for a possible deficiency. If all these test results are normal, the next step would be consulting with a psychiatrist. In such a case an antidepressant may be needed. Hope you will find this answer helpful.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka
Dr. Aida Abaz Quka


Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy